Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy's day?

Poster: A snowHead
Ladies DH in the World Champs today 12:00 UK time (on Eurosport). Chemmy bib number 30. She likes the course. Could be her day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Start delayed to 2pm UK time
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Which commentary box are you in, Swiller? I'm about to despatch a cake.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, I'm not saying she's going to win. I'm just saying I think she'll have a good result... ie a top 10.

Quote:

despatch a cake
is that code for a toilet procedure?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

despatch a cake
is that code for a toilet procedure?

I thought it was referance to Test Match Special on radio 4 Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Postponed until tomorrow. When we're all back at work Evil or Very Mad .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm interested to know how they'll re-jig the schedule. I presume they wouldn't have both the Men's Super Combined and the Ladies' DH on at the same time - I want to see them both. Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I set Sky+ for this, and have just had to fast forward through 2 hours of speed skating!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Funny double post... See below... v v v

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 8-02-09 20:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The schedule for tomorrow is:

1000 (CET) / 9am (GMT) - Men's Super Combined DH
1300 (CET) / 12noon (GMT) - Ladies' Downhill
1700 (CET) / 4pm (GMT) - Men's Super Combined SL
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lets hope that the snow keeps falling and I get the day off work! That looks like a good day's TV Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elizabeth B, fingers crossed for you. We've had sleet today, so it looks like business as usual Monday (thankfully I'm my own boss at the moment wink ). Monday evening though we're scheduled for a huge snowfall as we get hit by blizzards - not sure if it's going to make it up to Sheffied though... Devon's just going to get battered with horrific winds and rain, but because we're the other side of the depression, our weather is coming from the NE rather than SW, so with the colder temps we're supposed to be getting dumped on! snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's snowing outside now....... snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing here too ...... snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Was snowing here but I think it has stopped now.
snow conditions
maggi, Are but not all of us, I get to watch it live from the bottom of the course, if it goes ahead. Still snowing here right now as well.

skisimon, As both couses are only 500m apart, I hope to get to see all the races. Should be a great day.
ski holidays
Small amount of fresh snow overnight.

This morning the viz is not great with cloud level about 3500m. Hopefully it will clear Confused
ski holidays
Chemmy finishes in 15th place.
latest report
Decent run from Chemmy, a bit suprised she didn't get into a tuck on the first traverse though, most did. Clean and pretty quick for the most part though.

I thought Gut's run was fantastic, it looked beautiful, very clean and smooth. Still, you can't argue with Vonn's time, after making sure on the top section she seemed to have picked certain sections of the course to really attack, and then make sure of the rest.
latest report
What dance was Chemmy doing in the finish area on Monday? Very Happy

She's skiing well so hopefully the conditions will be good tomorrow for the GS.
latest report
she's bib 24

1st run 9am uk time
latest report
V sad to see her bomb out today - and sidestepping back up to the gate with a broken ankle. Shocked
ski holidays
pam w, it was thursday's race actually. Good ole BBC, bang up-to-date! And the ankle must be fine. She got caught out by going onto the inside ski between turns. Risky business.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, oh - silly me - hadn't grasped that. Embarassed The ankle is still broken though, according to her interview beforehand "but it's OK when supported in a ski boot". Shocked
latest report
Really annoying, I rushed home thinking I was going to watch the Men's Slalom, as advertised. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

going onto the inside ski between turns
She said that she was working on doing just that. Shocked
snow report
I've been working on that too. Little Angel But not in quite the same way....
ski holidays
Just a reminder... Ladies DH in Bansko tomorrow (friday 27th). Chemmy 15th in training, start number 43.
snow report
Bode Swiller, Thanks - I fell asleep watching my recorded Universitaat slalom this evening! Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, me too...normally the idea of fit 18 year olds grabbing hard poles would have me glued to my screen. Perhaps i'm geting old.
latest report
FastEddie, I think the piste was far too flat for slalom. However, last year somewhere in Italy there was hardly any snow where they raced and the ruts were huge.
ski holidays
How do they manage it?????? Yet another commercial break on BRITISH Eurosport timed just at the point that the Brit goes down. If they have to have the break (which must have been the longest break I've seen during a race ever), why didn't they have a recording to relay after the break? And it sounds like she had a decent run. Bunch of muppets!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
GrahamN, couldn't agree more. British Eurosport's coverage of skiing this season has, at times, been absolutely diabolical. Twisted Evil

On the plus side, at least Chemmy had a decent run.
snow conditions
Well, we got to see her this morning!
ski holidays
I rather suspect that Eurosport has "British" inserted more as a marketing ploy than any basis of it being a "british TV station". As such the British content is almost certainly at the mercy of the parent company. Frustrating certainly, but probably for the "Brit" commentators also.

Good to hear Nick Fellows reporting last weekend - he does get excited doesn't he? Not quite sure how JC was taking it though.
snow conditions
Chasseur, I thought it was fun - Nick wouldn't shut up though would he? They know each other quite well though! Laughing British eurosport does show more of the stuff I dont want to watch (footie etc.) and less of the stuff I do (winter sports) than reguar eurosport I think.
snow conditions
That's what I've found too, easiski, which rankles considerably Evil or Very Mad . I wonder if anyone knows how to get European Eurosport in Britain? Probably need to start a new thread...
latest report
andyph, You need an old box and tune to Astra (1B?) at 16 deg east I think, but it might be 13.5 ... then it's free on the german channels. I'm glad I'm not imagining it. I can't imagine snooker on european eurosport - it was on when I got back from work. rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
andyph, You can get German Eurosport from the Astra 1 satellite position (19 deg East). (UK Sky broadcasts from the Astra 2 satellite position at 28 deg East). Any FTA (free to air) digital box will give you loads of free German channels, plus French, Italian etc from Astra 1.
snow conditions
Cheers, easiski, Alastair Pink. Sounds like a second dish is required, hmm... have to weigh up costs vs. just paying Setanta or one of these other leeches, er, service providers. Plus the ignominy of my house looking like a block of council flats. Confused
ski holidays
andyph, You needn't have 2 dishes - it's possible to have 2 (or more) LNBs (which point at different satellites) on a bracket fitted to one dish (a 60cm dish should be sufficient for both Astra 1 & 2, if you wanted Hotbird at 13 deg E as well I think you would need an 80cm dish), see example here which actually shows 3 LNBs for 3 satellites. Using such a multi LNB setup, if you've got a Sky receiver you would have it connected permanently to the LNB looking at Astra 2 on 28 deg E, and the other cheap FTA receiver would be connected to the LNB looking at Astra 1 or to a diseqc switch. (Virtually all FTA receivers incorporate the diseqc facility which lets the receiver send a signal down a single cable to switch between a number of LNBs as required).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 5-03-09 21:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy