Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-based research connects the North Pole with Mars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two skiers - Glen Ellyn and Tyler Fish - are skiing to the North Pole next week to research self-sufficiency, psychology and group-dynamics which may assist NASA for future manned missions, including a possible venture to Mars.

This report from the Chicago Tribune.

Quote:
Like astronauts, Huston and Fish will have only the frozen or preprocessed food they take with them—but in their case, towing everything on sleds that will weigh 260 pounds each at the start. They will spend long periods in confined spaces with only their fellow travelers to rely on.

Quote:
Psychologists are seeking to understand both the stresses and the positive outlooks that make a rare breed of people excel in cold, forbidding realms.

Quote:
"This is very important because a mission to Mars will be a 21/2-year time period in which a small group of people are required to interact together."

The usual scientific and ski-related comments on this story welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd have thought there was plenty of material from ISS and other space missions, and from nuclear submarine crews. I think that many going to the North Pole (or similar) feel they have to dream up a novel reason.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy