Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

79-year-old skier uses multiple flashing lights on helmet for self-protection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An elderly skier in Vail, Colorado, is using an array of flashing lights on his helmet to draw attention to himself as he slides around the snowscape. 79-year-old Sanford Kuvin was the victim of a collision three years ago.

This report from Vail Daily.

Quote:
“I said to myself, ‘What’s an old man like me doing on the mountain, and what can I do to draw attention to myself to prevent this?’” Kuvin said.

So he purchased six flashing bicycle lights and zip-tied them to his helmet and belt. The whole thing cost about $95, a small price to pay for safety, he said.

Sounds like a sensible idea. Would the first snowHead willing to Euro-test this concept please notify this thread.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OH CRAP! I've already bought my first bike light Shocked

and even worse . . . have it clipped to my backpack . . .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surely the old guy would be better wearing a bright coloured jacket Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, I always thought you were younger, dunno just an impression I got...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like a distraction to other skiers to me.

"He look at that guy with the flashing light on his.... WHAM!!" (ski lift pylon)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, it works. Wear a set of battery powered Christmas lights on your helmet, almost everyone slows down.

Mind you, the main collisions we have had recently have come from just not seeing the other skier at all, they could have been naked or wearing a ballet tutu, would have made no difference until after the crash.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Police and Ambulance will tell you that rearward facing bright flashing lights make drunks aim straight at you. You naturally steer where you are looking!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm intending to have multiple Tazers fixed around my person. Beneath this defense I will possess an array of 'shark billy sticks'... each tipped with a 20 bore shotgun cartridge in a shortened section of tubing with a pin pressing right up against the primer. If I'm getting hit I'm intending to come off best Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A helmet - that's ridiculous wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy