Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freestyle nights at Chill Factor e Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys!

I did a season last year out in France working as a ski guide, so got my on-piste skiing pretty much as good as it's going to get. My freestyle skills do leave a little to be desired though as I was only able to practise for a few hours a week during the season. I was in Valmeinier for a few days last week and did much more freestyle stuff, managed to just about accomplish a fairly easy 15ft box by the end of the week and landed my first 360 Very Happy

Question is, are the freestyle nights at the Chill Factor e worth it, and are they going to be able to push my limited freestyle skills?

Thanks in advance

George
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a massive following to frrestyle nights at Chill Factore. Pat Sharples is over there and a whole heap of very experienced guys aswell as loads of young up and coming kids. You should get yourself over there its really good and will hopefully push you a bit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the feedback, I was hoping that there would be a decent following as it's always easier to learn when there are people to ask/copy rather than just working it out for yourself.

Will get myself booked up for some of the sessions then Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well - went tonight for my first session at the Chill Factore. Was pretty good, quite busy until about 10.30 and it quietened down after that so will definitely look at going for about 9.30 next time. Pretty good mix of rails but there was only one kicker and it tended to get a bit congested but not bad to keep my eye in over the summer. Will be going again next month so a thumbs up from me snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are there lots of ramps/rails etc there permanently left in place or do they clear them away after specific occasions? I will be going over there sometime to ski with relatively inexperienced older adults in the early summer and am not keen to do so when the slope's a bit of an obstacle course. This has sometimes been the case at Castleford and it's made things very difficult for those who want to practise basic skiing skills.& increase their confidence. It's not that I have any objection to the places being used for freestyle, on the contrary as it is a great money-maker for them, but I just want to be able to go at times when the slope's clear and wish they'd make it clear when there will be a clear slope and when there won't. In the past I've rung Cas before arranging to go and been told there would not be stuff out, but when I got there found that there was - it was just barred off & so not in use but seriously limited the free slope space especially when you add in their fenced off toboggan area.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
what night are these on!? and you can have freestyle lessons?

sounds champion!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rolty, I was looking into doing these lessons. Im not that good a skier: attempted my first blacks a few weeks ago in L2A and still get 'the fear' on reds a lot and apart from going on the boarder cross once and a doing a couple of jumps in a board park (literally going over the bump and screaming) I have no other freestyle experience. But I'd love to learn! Do you think it'd be suitable for me
Puzzled ?? One reason I didnt go was beacause I expect it to be all teenagers. Teenage boys Evil or Very Mad at that, and i'm a mid twenties girl who's a bit scared of teenage boys! Is it all teenagers, i.e. would I look silly and would people laugh at me??

x
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
claireSKI, Go for it... much better than having an interest and not giving it a go. I'm starting to get into the jumps etc and I'm in my early 40's. Lets face it.. a lot of teenages can't afford to go on ski/board trips so there may well be a lot of folk in your age group at the lessons.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, The ramps and rails aren't always out no, perhaps the day before/after the freestyle events they might be though, I'd check the website just to make sure but I've been a few times where they haven't been out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Check out when one of the Salomon Grom Camps is on - you'll have a fun night - get some time on the ramps/rails without general punters using them and get some coaching tips from some of the UK's best freestylers - doesn't matter whether you've freeskied before or not - you'll get an excellent reception whatever your age or level. There are some sessions at Chill Factore and some at Tamworth snowdome as well as some at artificial slopes. My kids have been to some of these sessions and they are an excellent intro to freestyle skiing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly, only ever seen them out once recently and that was on a Wednesday afternoon. So maybe their freestyle nights are wednesdays?? I am there every weekend with my little one so if you let me know nearer the time you plan to go I will ask in person for you as no point ringing, the CFe call centre is in Liverpool Puzzled and is almost worse than useless Mad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Salomon Grom Camps
Date: Thursday 26th February 2009 Time: 19:00 Location:
The Salomon Grom Camps have been running for over three years now and are the biggest and most respected freestyle ski camp in the UK.
Learn with the biggest names in UK Free Skiing!
Grom coaches include Pat Sharples, Joe Tyler, James Woods, Andy Bennett, James Webb + many, many more.
The camps are aimed at all ages and standards of skier* so check the dates below and book on to the most talked about free ski camp:

or you can get on the p!ss with this one...

Quiksilver presents ‘Rails, Bails and Large Ales’ Freestyle Night
Date: Friday 6th March 2009 Time: 19:00 Location:
March 6th 2009 sees the Quiksilver UK indoor freestyle night tour, 'Rails, Bails & Large Ales', arrive at Chill Factore. Quiksilver will be working with us to create the perfect playground for freestyle skiers and snowboarders. They will be building on the experience of our shapers and the creativity of the Quik mind to produce an unmissable park.
Highlights will include a big air and unique jib feature and alongside these special features will be the usual array of rails and boxes to play on. Quiksilver will also be handing out some amazing prizes for the nights' best tricks and style. Jay Stephenson will be dropping the beats throughout the night, from the Chilli’s bar balcony, for all the riders from 7pm.
To top it all off, the epic Travis Rice snowboard movie 'That's It That's All' will be screened in Chilli’s bar after the overall prize giving has taken place.
Quiksilver Team riders James Thorne, Jamie Nicholls, Ollie Jackson & Henry Shakleton will also be shredding the setup so come and join them from 7pm for an amazing fun packed night of 'Rails, Bails & Large Ales!'

£35 for 4hours* - CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW!
Last but not least all shredders receive 10% off at the Chill Factore Quiksilver Store!!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
claireSKI wrote:
rolty, I was looking into doing these lessons. Im not that good a skier: attempted my first blacks a few weeks ago in L2A and still get 'the fear' on reds a lot and apart from going on the boarder cross once and a doing a couple of jumps in a board park (literally going over the bump and screaming) I have no other freestyle experience. But I'd love to learn! Do you think it'd be suitable for me
Puzzled ?? One reason I didnt go was beacause I expect it to be all teenagers. Teenage boys Evil or Very Mad at that, and i'm a mid twenties girl who's a bit scared of teenage boys! Is it all teenagers, i.e. would I look silly and would people laugh at me??

x

Hey Claire,

It's definately worth going along - you're right about it being mainly teenage boys, myself not included though! The standard was pretty good, a couple of guys landing fairly solid 540's. Everyone was really cool, offering advice and it was useful to be able to copy some of the better guys. You don't have to worry about looking silly, everyone fell over, myself included - came off a rail and a couple of other amusing falls, but worth it!

Give it a try Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy