Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term - Your fears and aspirations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK - will re-visit mine too...

stevo_the_saddler wrote:
I hope we have a safe journey in good weather without any traffic problems (none last year, more of the same please). CHECK
I hope to be pleasantly surprised again a the lack of queues... I know exactly where to avoid... school school collection and drop off dictate that I cannot avoid some minor queues. CHECK
I have my first restaurant booked - and hope the others will follow furing the week. CHECK
I fear a white-out whilst kids are in ski school and hope clear blue skies will prevent that happening, please stop the snow-dancing after Friday - there will be plenty not for next week. CHECK - the snow came in large quantities mid-week but managed to find decent visibility and lost no children
Most of all, I hope my family and I have a happy, fun-filled, injury free fantastic time in my favorite place in the snow. CHECK

All-in-all - a successful week!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good idea!

Boredsurfing wrote:
Many of us have no choice but to ski during the busiest week of the season, to some it is their only week on snow in the year.
I'm very lucky in that it is only one of my weeks each season.
I would rather not ski at half term but GCSE's dictate that I 'have' to!

I know it will be busy. Early in the week it was noticeably quiet! Later in the week the afternoons were busy. Certainly much quieter than last year.

I know there will be queues. Some, easily avoided, even then when we queed for the Arpette lift in the infamous Bellecote queue time was around 5 mins and that included the lift stopping for a minute or so.

I know some 'short cuts' avoiding the queues. and they had no queues at all! !

I know my favourite restaurants and bars will be fully booked. They weren't and prices were the same as last year!

But above all else ........
I know it will still be a great week in the mountains It certainly was Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As for my fears and aspirations...

The aspirations...

The first aspiration was that the coach would reach the resort. It did. Toofy Grin Unfortunately my gear was on another coach, that went to Aosta, so I eventually got my skis late in the evening. (Having said that, coming back was more interesting - the driver thought the M25 was closed, so we had the grand tour of historical buildings along the Thames as we cut through London).

The second was the crepe... Unfortunately that one didn't come off, even leaving Bar Roma with a good 25 minutes to spare, the wait was always too long to actually get one. Crying or Very sad

As for my fears...

The chaos only ensued on the last day - all the other days had staggered starts, which avoided the huge pile up in the meeting zone. The resort was quite quiet too (except for the last Saturday - what with it being Carnivale and all...)

The coach was also a doddle, a whole backseat between two of us, a very quiet coach (virtually silent from Calais until breakfast and then the Mont Blanc tunnel until Calais... Toofy Grin ) lots of sleep and no getting cramped!

Add ons...

Unfortunately the hotel was half an hour by coach from Courmayeur, but was only a two minute walk from a bar, as opposed to 25 minutes... Fortunately I was given an intermediate/advanced group and I got excellent official feedback across the board. Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy