Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Four weeks to go...

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so I was excited at the time of booking my annual ski trip back in November but now I'm uncontrollable. Even more so after a gorgeous white week in the UK...

Had my new boots fitted, bought new salopettes at ski show to replace the ones I ripped in Kitzbühel last season (don't ask!), booked cattery and airport car parking, tell me what I've forgotten as I fear my brain is in pre-ski mush and I have overlooked something essential...

A very excited QB... Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only essentials are your ski gear, money, tickets and passport.

Some things i always bring are suncream, carmex lip balm, a camera, power adaptor and a towel. I guarentee that if your this excited then you will not have forgotton anything. If your like me your imagining every possible scenario and preparing for it. My packing list is hilarious!! Colour coded and unbelievably precise.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't made a packing list yet, but that's a very good idea...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia, Three weeks and six days for me. Bet I''m considerably more excited than you. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Corky, bet you're not... Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, You haven't made a packing list?????? Shocked I've made at least a dozen Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, where are you going?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always make a list of clothes working from feet up, then a list of things like toiletries. Then a list of the things like car parking, travel documents etc etc by making a mental "trip" from door to door after forgetting my driving licence a few years ago and only remembering when we landed in Geneva.

My friends were not impressed with having to shell out for a return taxi as well as losing the money we paid for the hire car. Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ickabodblue, I will make a packing list. Not something I've done before but I always end up forgetting something, so it seems a very good plan...

Libertine, I'm off to Courmayeur in Italy...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ianbradders wrote:
I always make a list of clothes working from feet up, then a list of things like toiletries. Then a list of the things like car parking, travel documents etc etc by making a mental "trip" from door to door after forgetting my driving licence a few years ago and only remembering when we landed in Geneva.

I do something similar, only I pretend I wake up (pyjamas, alarm clock), get washed (more things) go skiing (...
you get the idea
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think all I did was telling the wife "We are going to Switzerland this year".

Mind you this morning I did the same by saying "I am going to Yad Moss" and she forgot to pack my goggle and scarf! That may have something to do I went solo this time.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 7-02-09 17:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're off in four weeks too. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Three valleys this time, cant wait! Getting Uber excited.
Went to pamporovo in Bulgaria to check out a mates property. Not a bad warm up but won't be rushing back.
We've heard nothing but praise for Meribel and the three valleys.

As for a packing list.... the thing i find is that i always take too much. It'll be minimal this time!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
3 weeks for me laax beckons and it snowed there today Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia,
Car to airport?.......lift pass?........ski buddy? (pm me if needed)
Have a great time!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I suffer from excitment so im usually packed 3 weeks prior to take-off and i have a packing list drawn up months in advance. I also send several emails to my ski gang giving them info on the resort and anything i have discovered when reading the small print on accomodation and flight. I also am highly bossy when it comes to my ski holidays. I have to book it and organise everything or i'll usually freak out. bit of a control freak really snowHead
latest report
4 weeks for me too!! Have started randomly chucking stuff on the spare bed that I won't need before I go but want to remember to take but no list yet. Anyone fancy adding their list here by way of reminders?? I have got the obvious stuff in there, plus socket adaptor, hot water bottle, the Euros left over from last time, and that's about it for now Puzzled

BTW Queen Bodecia, I managed to arrange to pop into Langley with the skis tomorrow morning on my way to my meeting in Warwick. Will be a quick functional stop & then have to get underway as the roads might stilll be iffy where I need to get to.
ski holidays
6 weeks for me Smile

Have you remembered insurance?
ski holidays
Well, in exactly four weeks time I should be on the transfer coach from Turin! Very Happy

I have annual travel insurance, no medical cover sadly, but I can't get that at the moment anyway so I just have to take my chances with EHIC. I'm driving myself to the airport and have booked airport parking. Lift pass pre-booked before the exchange rate went poo so have done OK there. For once I also have ski buddys, a rarity for me, but I am meeting up with some people who I met and skied with in Kitzbühel last season...

So far it's not looking like I've forgotten owt. I'd better start work on this packing list. Today's household chores can wait... Very Happy

Butterfly, hope you get the skis sorted. I'll be at work tomorrow anyway, but the main roads round here are fine at the moment, just some of the back lanes that are still a bit icy...
snow report
Three weeks today!!!!! (jumps up and down like a two year old) snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
I tend to pack the night before I'm due to fly cos I'm good like that
snow conditions
anotherproblem, I'm packed Laughing
snow conditions
I definitely won't pack until the day before, but the packing list is getting some consideration...
ski holidays
6 days, till the first, then then 7 weeks till the last.
Seems crazy, but thats another ski year gone!
It must be age related but the year has gone by so fast since the EoSB 08
ski holidays
I'm still hugely jealous of these people that get to go more than once per year...
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
I definitely won't pack until the day before, but the packing list is getting some consideration...
I'd like to say i'm packed for next week but that's far from the truth. I've never been so unprepared.
snow report
queen bodecia wrote:
I'm still hugely jealous of these people that get to go more than once per year...

Tell me about it! My friend is going next week and i get constant abuse from her about this! well she is fat and stupid so what do you expect Laughing Im not jealous.... IM NOT!!
latest report
I keep saying I'm determined to do two ski trips next season but it's reliant on so many things; keeping my job, saving up two grand (can't imagine how), only get three weeks annual leave so it means I can only use one week between April and December, although I do get 5 additional days to be taken separately. It all seems a bit of a tall order...
ski holidays
queen bodecia, you will find Courmayeur different but the town is lovely, we had the best steaks n 'truffles' we've ever had. if you've got your lift pass already, check out the other resorts that you can do. we took friends across to 'La Thuile' as we've been there b4 & its a much bigger/quiet resort 30 mins away by bus (free) or 20 or so mins by taxi 25 euro if i remember rolling eyes

had the best aribiatta pasta dish too Smile also had..... eee loved the place apart from having to get off the mountain b4 5pm & not able to ski back to wor door!!! Crying or Very sad

you will love it & i'm soooooo jealous u lucky bug Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, the 'Roma' bar for your apri ski is gr8 2 loads of free grub!!!!! you will have a ball...you've just stirred up some lush memories here my friend Laughing

can i come with you???? Laughing Laughing Laughing

ten days to my kickoff then around 70 days until my first EoSB which i'm sooooo looooooking 4wd 2 snowHead snowHead snowHead

wish i was going with you Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
11 days away now!!

Just wish I was feeling better...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy