Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I obsessed? How many times a day do you look at Snowheads.com?!!

Poster: A snowHead
O.K. - Confession time - I love looking at Snowheads and a quick peek can often turn into a 15 minute session as something new takes my eye. I must sign in at least 3 times a day most days and always look at the weather thread among other things. Is this usual among snowheads - Out of interest, how many times a day/week do you sign in and what do you look out for in particular?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I'm sadder than you. I probably log in 3 or 4 times a day and more so at weekends when I'm bored at home...

I've also bookmarked every snow report and webcam website I can find...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Winter season probably around about an unhealthy 10-15 times a day (especially week days when I'm at work) - add to that a quick few scans of the webcams - it certainly is addictive but I don't feel I've got to the stage where it is stopping me having a real life Laughing snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I only log in once a day when at work......and then at 5.30 I log out Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's logging off? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, it is when you leave your screen to go for a dump.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, I resemble that remark
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Oh good , I thought I might be the only one Embarassed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I only log in once a day when at work......and then at 5.30 I log out Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

and at 6pm I log on again until bedtime.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
loatie, not even close to being obsessed (by snowHead standards at any rate).

I have my computer on from about 10am until about 1am, and spend a lot of time on snowHeads during that period - checking in at least three or four times an hour. It's a good job I don't work in an office...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skisimon - good point there, I work in an office environment which makes it difficult to access snowheads from my desk otherwise I'm sure I'd probs be up with you!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
a quick peek can often turn into a 15 minute session

Keeping that extract firmly on topic...

Obsessed is when a quick peek turns into 6 hours. 15 mins just isn't trying hard enough. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I only check in to check out how sad you guys are. I have been secretly studying your every move, psychologically profiling all of you to go towards my doctorate in Pointless Wastes of Time. I hate skiing. I don't need any help and if any of you come near me I'll explode ALRIGHT!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're displaying your usual Pre-Lunch Tension, Swiller.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I joined on christmas day and i spend on average 2 hours on each day but im only near a computer for about 2 hours a day. My problem is i constantly have my email open and i check it about 50 times a day to see if there are replys to the threads im following. Its not suprising as i do have a very addictive personality. I am obsessed about skiing though.
ski holidays
Does it make it even sadder though, when all you do is read other people's posts and follow the threads that interest you, and post about once a week on average. Yet still look at least 5 - 6 times a day. Plus the fact every year I come back to snowheads I have to change my user name because I have forgotten either what it was or my password or some such daft thing.

Does that make me a net stalker?
latest report
About twice a week normally.

First for four days and then for three. Laughing
snow conditions
I tend to have Snowheads in the background while I'm working. I check it almost every day and a couple of times over the weekend (like now)
latest report
Guilty too, I'm on it every day at least 4 or 5 times a day, but hardly ever in the Summer Sad Its like living in a house with people who love snow, except you don't have to brew up for them all...............and no I'm not offering.)
Most people I know look at me like I am some kind of nutter when the white stuff starts falling and I talk about snow and skiing all the time............in fact, glad I've got you guys or i'd probably have been sectioned by now Laughing
snow report
Well I am described as an addict at work and they don't even know of my secret snowHead life. Sadly I cannot check in while at work unlike many (it seems) of you guys wink
snow report
loatie, There is an addiction thread/.......
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27586&highlight=addicted
snow report
Almost all the time I have a computer turned on, there will be a browser tab open to Snowheads.

That is from about 8:30 to 16:45 in the office, then about 21:00 - bedtime (usually between 1:00 and 2:00).

While I'm not looking at SH all of that time, it is rare I go more than half an hour without a quick peek at it.
snow conditions
alex_heney, that's sad. Me too! wink
snow report
Lots, never at work coz it's blocked by websense. New, so browse more than post but for pretty much the same reasons as queen boadicea. Confession- I got a couple of e-mails from the site and thought I was being asked for dosh coz I browse a lot. They turned out to be weather reports but for a while I felt the saddest sac in the world Embarassed
snow report
Quote:

a quick peek can often turn into a 15 minute session

you feel the need to "confess" to 15 minutes! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you're a lightweight loatie.
snow report
Doesn't matter how much time I spend on here, there are still blooming rows about stuff that has been deleted before I've managed to read it. And how annoying is that! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
New monitoring SW at work preclude too many visits during the day. I rationed to evenings\late nights only. Sad
snow report
Hey Pam w - Back home now then ? I was wondering where you were as a self confessed addict!!!! Must have been travelling when I originally posted! Go on - tell me it wasn't the first thing you looked at when you got home quickly followed by the webcams at Les Saisies!!!! Smile Smile Smile p.s. I need lessons from you on how to add emoticons and highlight names etc!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I agree with pam w, 15 minutes....a feeble attempt.

1 hour at lunchtime.... Been seriously trying to limit myself.
Quote:

Confession- I got a couple of e-mails from the site and thought I was being asked for dosh coz I browse a lot. They turned out to be weather reports but for a while I felt the saddest sac in the world

Laughing snowHead
snow report
loatie, You just click on the name of the snowHead in their post to get the name. You also just click on the emoticons...

To quote, you need to highlight the text then click on quote selected.

Welcome to the madhouse! snowHead
ski holidays
loatie wrote:
I love looking at Snowheads and a quick peek can often turn into a 15 minute session as something new takes my eye. I must sign in at least 3 times a day most days

Lightweight!! Very Happy
latest report
BMF_Skier wrote:
New monitoring SW at work preclude too many visits during the day. I rationed to evenings\late nights only. Sad

I am the monitoring system here so many visits a day are in order for me!
snow conditions
I used to work ... then I discovered snowHead
ski holidays
loatie wrote:
Skisimon - good point there, I work in an office environment which makes it difficult to access snowheads from my desk otherwise I'm sure I'd probs be up with you!!

Cant admin put an "a boss around the office" button on here, so when you click on it it changes to a flow chart? Click on it again and your back on snowheads Smile

Im on here quite abit but sometimes cant log in as to many bosses around! Sad
snow conditions
5 to 6 times a day...
latest report
I'm addicted to snowheads for six months of the year anyway and check in at work without logging in for a read at every given (or taken) opportunity. But Help! After 4 years in this house waiting, pleading and begging for broadband (promised to be there within 6 months of moving in) to be finally installed, I think I'm going square-eyed after only one weekend. I've even only watched bits of Dancing On Ice over the top of my laptop.

What's to become of me ??? Shocked
snow report
Wake. Coffee. Laptop on. Refresh work email. Coffee. snowHead. Repeat until 5.30.
Eat. Drink. snowHead. Make symbolic gestures of family interraction while keeping an eye on snowHead . Sleep.

What can break this ugly cycle? There's nothing else for it, I'm going to have to damn well go skiing again, aren't I? Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
snow report
My name's Mountain Addict....and....I'm...I'm ...an addict.......

Have any of the other addicts annoyed their other halves/friends/family/workmates/complete strangers by constantly quoting from snowHead postings? I've even had Mrs MA telling me "You're ****** obsessed with that website...." Ooo er.....

Wait until I tell her that there are much more worse cases than me! Can't wait.
snow report
mountainaddict, worse - I pretend that knowledge acquired from snowHeads has been gleaned in some other way eg from people in the real world, or a newspaper, or something. I am very ashamed of my addiction, so I try to hide it. Embarassed
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
mountainaddict, worse - I pretend that knowledge acquired from snowHeads has been gleaned in some other way eg from people in the real world, or a newspaper, or something. I am very ashamed of my addiction, so I try to hide it. Embarassed

Oh dear yes. mrsph is starting to wonder who I talk to all day, when so many comments start "I read/heard somewhere today..."
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy