Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap accommodation for 1 night around Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
As above guys and girls, just need a room or two for 5 of us for a very brief overnight stop before shooting up to La Rosiere on Saturday 21st March. I know of a Formula 1 that has 1 room available, do you have any other suggestions, cheap and cheerful and on route or around Bourg would be cracking.

Links and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skip that, there's more than 1 room available, my mistake! Based in Albertville, close to Bourg I assume?!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
samharris, We stayed in it when the weather was too bad to get up to Tignes. It was tricky to find as you can't see it from the main road. It was clean and quiet enough. Full of white van drivers! Got brekkie provided too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Ruthie, breakfast is a few Euros ors omething for a buffet, seems reasonable! I have a Euro sat nav which could help??! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
samharris, There's a also McDonald's nearby for a gourmet dinner (at the roundabout go for Albertville Centre it's a short distance on the right)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much, how far from 'Bourg' is the F1 if you remember?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
samharris, 34 miles.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dear guys and gals:

F1 Hotels are not en-suite - but fine by me (used on numerous occasions)!! F1 is part of the accor hotels chain.

Next up in the Accorhotels chain (book at Accorhotels.com) is the Etap range of hotels - one is also to be found in Albertville. They are the same as F1 hotels but are en-suite.

Next up from Etap is the Ibis - which are luxurious in comparison to F1 and Etap (...but remember it's all relative). There is an Ibis at Moutiers, which is about 20-30 mins drive from Bourg St Maurice. The Ibis has a bar (drinks 24 hours I think) and restaurant and Moutiers is a reasonable enough town for a pizza and a beer. On balance, F1 and Etap would do the job but it's probably worth the extra for the comparative luxury of the Ibis.

Another factor for you 5 is that F1 and Etap rooms can sleep up to 3 adults (double bed plus bunk above the double) - so that would undoubtedly be the most economical stop over.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a hotel in Bourg - very reasonable. La Petite Auberge, run by an English couple, Rob and Becky. They have a variety of rooms available, family, double, twin, en suite, at extremely reasonable rates. (ie as good if not better as F1)

Then you would be in Bourg itself. If you want telephone number PM me and I can let you have it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

I have used an F1 hotel once – in Dijon Sud as a last minute booking on good Friday last year when nothing else was available. Never again! Noisy – no en-suite: not great with a child in the room. Dirty ripped sheets. Dirty toilet / wash area.

Never Again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ringingmaster, I've had the same F1 experience, shared 'facilities' yuk! I now book well in advance and avoid the F1 'experience'.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know becky and robin really well place would be great for an overnight ahead of going up tp La Ros, not sure if they'll do a 1 nighter on a saturday, may be worth contacting them as nowhere is busy outside the school hols this year, noone on the slopes the last two weeks
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cheztichot, welcome to snowHeads Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
samharris, There are a few Logis in the area. There is definitely one on the way out of Bourg St Maurice near the junction to La Ros and on to Val D. I have temporarily forgotten the name of the village, but it is ok for a one night and you can meals in the hotel over the road.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bonhomme de Neige, If you could PM me that no or email address as Mother is sorting it it would be much appreciated.

It woudl be for a Friday night!

MarjMJ, Is that F1?
latest report
Quote:

I have used an F1 hotel once – in Dijon Sud as a last minute booking on good Friday last year when nothing else was available. Never again! Noisy – no en-suite: not great with a child in the room. Dirty ripped sheets. Dirty toilet / wash area.

I've stayed at least 25 nights in F1s over the years and have never encountered any of the problems highlighted - have always found them clean and have not suffered any noise problems. Anyway, if it means going skiing (or mountain biking or hiking) I'm as happy on a campsite or in a mountain refuge 50 person dormitory as in a 4 star hotel and certainly don't have a problem with ("yuk") shared facilities. Can only assume that people who do (a). Never use shared toilets while at work/shopping etc (b). Have facilities in their house for only their own individual use. Must be nice Toofy Grin
snow report
mountainaddic wrote:

Can only assume that people who do (a). Never use shared toilets while at work/shopping etc (b). Have facilities in their house for only their own individual use. Must be nice Toofy Grin

It wasn't the sharing of toilets that was the problem. It was the fact that said toilet had $h1t smeared around the seat, and pi$$ all over the floor, not to mention the used condoms found in the shared sink at 6:30am. The questions from the 6 year old on what was in the sink took some answering Toofy Grin
Perhaps I had an unusually poor experience, but I don’t intend going back to answer that question.
ski holidays
I've stayed in a couple of Ibis hotels recently, and would recommend them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy