Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what happens if Chambery Airport if closed?

Poster: A snowHead
We are flying into Chambery tomorrow. Have only flown here with TO so diversion to Lyon was not a problem. We are doing DIY this time, hiring a car etc. Does anyone know what we should do if Chambery is closed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Either wait for it to open and your plane to leave/be rescheduled, or take yourself to another airport and buy another ticket.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If diverted to Lyon (or GVA, etc.) then talk to the car hire company you are hiring from and ask them to modify the booking. Car hire drop off at a different location is usually no extra in France, so should be little in the way of additional fees.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In January having arrived at Chambery airport for my flight home, I was told at check that there was an air traffic control strike on at Chambery and that a bus would take us to Grenoble airport where our plane was waiting for us to take us on our flight home to Manchester. My trip was booked independently and wasn't with a tour op. Also passengers who had arrived in Grenoble when they expected to be in Chambery were bussed to Chambery where they could pick up their hire cars and continue on their journeys to their chosen resorts.

Hope this helps.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ruthie, I suspect if France follows the UK model for these circumstances - you'll be diverted somewhere convenient like Paris. After a couple of days your flight operator will have found a bus although won't tell you about it and you'll have to use your detective skills to board it. Eventually you'll get to Chambery to find out your return flight has been cancelled and you're being transferred to Nantes though the driver is out of hours and his replacement will have to cycle in from St Etienne.

..or alternatively it may go down like Alpinebullit has suggested.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ruthie wrote:

The staff in duty free crack open a bottle
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were diverted to Lyon when we went at Christmas. The airline (Jet 2) arranged for a bus to take us back to Chambery and we still picked up our car from the original hirer. Make sure you have the phone number of the car hirer and keep them informed what is happening. We wanted to pick up another car in Lyon but they couldn't do this. Not surprising really when you think of the numbers of people coming in to pick up cars.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith wrote:
ruthie wrote:

The staff in duty free crack open a bottle
Laughing

Thanks all. It's Jet 2 we are travelling with. Will keep car hire phone numbers handy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ruthie, It won't be closed. Weather looks good enough to slam the thing down hard on the tarmac and brake like fury.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, very comforting Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it's only in Britain where they close an airport because of a snow shower. rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why worry, if all else fails there's a river in Chambery Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chambery is apparently prone to being closed on account of bad fog.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
James the Last wrote:
Chambery is apparently prone to being closed on account of bad fog.

Thats an understatement
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No problems flying via Chambery last week. Our return flight was delayed by 30 mins due to the snow at Manchester rolling eyes
snow conditions
Quote:

I think it's only in Britain where they close an airport because of a snow shower

Unusual weather conditions can close any airport. It doesn't take a lot of snow to close Geneva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy