Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super Combined (Men and Women) May Include Results...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, the DH run of the ladies' Super Combined has been run. Gut had a good run, but Vonn was even better - surely with her ability in SL she should be able to hold onto her lead.

Chemmy was really unfortunate to be flagged down half way through a good looking run. The Swede who went down before her had ended up in the netting right at the end, i.e. after Chemmy had already started. Surely the Swede (sorry, can't remember her name) could have kept herself up, rather than messing it up for those behind? She'd missed a gate, not fallen, and taken many compressions in her skiing life, a tiny bit of effort on her part to keep herself up (especially as she was right at the end, so the racer behind would have already started) would have been appreciated I'm sure.

Not that I'm bitter about anything... wink

Still, it was a decent effort for Chemmy to come in 13th.

My money's on Riesch leapfrogging into second place behind Vonn.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skisimon wrote:
My money's on Riesch leapfrogging into second place behind Vonn.

Hope the money was only virtual Laughing .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. Zettel
2. Vonn
3. Gut

18. Alcott
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just after watching the slalom. Was on the edge of my seat watching Lara Gut and shocked to see Vonn slide too wide and miss a gate. Congrats to Kathrin Zettel, great run. I think im falling for Lara though Blush
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beequin, Vonn was DSQ for missing a gate. Gut was second and Elisabeth Goergl took bronze
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Embarassed

Not a great afternoon of predictions from me, I also predicted that Vonn would finish first (well, I suppose predicting she would finish at all was the killer...)

Great effort from Gut and Zettel though. Zahrobska putting down a very impressive SL run too, shame about her downhill, otherwise it could have been a good result fot the Czechs too.

Alcott down in 17th at the end of the day, looking pretty rusty in the SL gates, still, not a bad result. Still looking forward to the GS though, I'd say she's got a chance of a top 10 there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scrubyjoe wrote:
I think im falling for Lara though Blush
I know that I already have. Her and a very attractive instructor I saw in Courmayeur working with the race club. Razz
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skisimon, will investigate instructor further
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

beequin, Vonn was DSQ for missing a gate. Gut was second and Elisabeth Goergl took bronze

Apologies, posting before the ticker tape showed the DSQ.
Blush
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And boy did she miss it by some margin. I'm suprised she carried on skiing, if she'd missed the gate by anymore she'd have been in the netting.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I haven't watched it yet - but my meeting with the director of the tourist office here was broken by a quick dash to watch Sandrine Aubert ! Such is life in a ski resort. Very Happy Very Happy I'm just about to settle in to the video.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski wrote:
I haven't watched it yet
You shouldn't be reading this thread then! Shocked Don't you avoid snowSports until you've seen the race because they give you results and spoil the fun? I watched it live today as college was closed because of the snow here! Excellent Cool .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy