Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board N Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya All,

I;m new to all of this. Just wanted to say hi.

I'm looking for a board however wasn't sure on a size, I'm about 5'6ish maybe, and 62kg. I was told anything between 151cm and 155cm.

Also heard that boots must be half a size smaller, my current trainer size is 8 UK, EU 41.5.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jdizzle, welcome snowHead
Not an expert on board sizes but the boot advice is not correct ! most people get a larger size not smaller, and it should all depend on the fit so you shouldnt buy off the internet without trying them on 1st. Happy hunting
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
check the length of board against the recommended weight range for it
get a pair of boots that are comfortable as you will spend ages in them
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jdizzle, It's the FIT of the boot not the size stamped on the outside that's important.

Try ½ a size smaller to start with but go up if needed.

Boots need to be very close fitting around the foot and heel but without pinching or pain. Some liners are heat mouldable which gives a superb fit. It's in the toe box that you need to take the most care as this is where it can really go wrong. It's ok to (very lightly)brush the front of the liner with your toes when the boot is loosely laced but NOT when the boot is fully laced tight.
Ideally there should be no side movement around the toes and just enough room to give them a little wiggle to relax them.
If your foot feels like it's in a vice then they are to small or too tight. Remember I said they have to be 'close' fitting so that when you walk around in them there is No movement in the heel or foot inside the boot, it should feel as if the boots were part of or glued to your feet. But NO pain.

Don't forget that liners do pack down with use so make sure you still have some adjustment in the lace gap to pull them tighter when the fit gets looser.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wicked, so its got to stick to me tightly,but no pain, cool. Really looking forward to it trying boots on, think I'll nip down to twoseason tomorrow. Still I bit iffy on what board size I should get, was reading it goes on weight. I'm very silm. N short around 5'6 maybe smaller, 8.5 stone, which I worked out to be 119lbs (pounds). On the scale I'm around 55kg-60kg give or take. Heading out with some mates to 3 valleys in france/italy boarder in march.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jdizzle, not TOO tight. When you first put them on you should think that if they could be a bit looser to be comfortable . . and within half an hour they will be.

You don't say if you are hiring or buying or if this is your first trip. Are you a first timer?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best advice I can give is to get your boots fitted by an expert. They are the most important piece of your kit. Ideally get boots with a heat mouldable liner - it will change the fit from comfy to slipper-like. Try on lots of different brands - when I was buying my new ones recently there was a massive difference between the fit and feel from brand to brand. You'll know when you find the right pair. If you don't get what you want from TwoSeasons, Snow and Rock or TSA do a fitting service.

If buying a board, get yourself down to one of the indoor slopes and try before you buy. Also, decide what kind of board you want - I'm assuming that this is your 1st board and that you'll be after an all-mountain ride. Make sure that you collar a shop assistant and get them to spend some time helping you pick the right board for you. Don't just be swung by the graphics too Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If its pink - buy it, if it's gold - buy it. If it's Burton and twice as expensive than another brand - buy it, if it's flow - walk.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeh, I'll be heading down to the snowdome in tamworth and also hitting the indoor slopes in MK. This will b my first time out on the slopes, already booked some lessons for out there.I am a quick learner and very determined. So there it a lot of time for me to learn, all my mates r intermidate level. Think this is something I will keep on doing, not just another dude saying something n not doing it. Will enquire about all-mountain board, are they called freerider boards? Have heard that term used

Going to go board shopping next week, I want to be on the drys by nxt weekend touchwood.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been offered a Option Signature Snowboard 151cm.

Yes Or No?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jdizzle wrote:
Going to go board shopping next week, I want to be on the drys by nxt weekend touchwood.

dry slpes will mess up your new board - bad idea
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jdizzle, Hi there, check this link out for snowboard sizing http://www.boardsnmotion.com/snowsizingcharts.aspx
as for the option signature its labelled up as advanced to expert all mountain freeride board so its gonna be a bit stiff for you, take a look at the burton clash or rome solution these are more forgiving boards which will help you along and easier to turn......
Hope this helps. Happy boarding dude
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jdizzle,

Check this thread out for a boot fitting guide, SZK is a boot fitter by trade so he should know what he's talking about.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37508&sid=39ad6864b3f1ef4dd9a07cedcf0b3c7b

Don't bother with 2seasons if Cov, it's got nothing in there, the one in Lem apparently has more stock....even better get yourself over to TSA at Tamworth or Boardwise in Cannock....far more to choose from.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went up to tsa and had a boot fitting with a couple of guys they were so helpful!! Looked at around 4 different boots and 3 sizes.
Found that sevens were way way too tight, big toe ready to leap out.
The eigths were okay but still hurtin as my big toe was very much touching the end. Apparently I have a very narrow foot so the range boots I can try on varies from brand to brand.
They came up with some 9's which should be heat moulded round my foot, either vans,burtons or salmons I believe.

Think I will be heading bck nxt weekend to get my first pair.....maybe sooner! snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jdizzle, Try Salomon or VANS, it seems like we have similar feet, they were the only 2 makes that even came close to fitting properly. 32s and Burtons felt way too baggy around the heel....i went for the Saloman F22s in the end.
snow conditions
I got finally my boots!! woop woop, they are salomon dialogue's in black from tsa. Heat moulded, in uk size 9, they are soo comfortable.

joydivision thanks 4 the advice, next up board and bindings, going to look at those option sig wit ny mate (he is a hardcore skier)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy