Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding in Leicestershire - the full edit on youtube

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/DsNTMLNPz1s

Hi all,

had some copyright problems with this the other day so this is a re-edit - hope you enjoy it!

Shock)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent vid Boardie. Saw the news report with you on it and found Beaconhill isn't actually that far away from me. was going to head up to Bradgate park but if there's some good snow tomorow, thing it'll be BH.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boardiecouk, excellent, really enjoyed that and was well put together!! I took my board out but the slope was nothing was I was too late really, all the kids on trays had scraped all the snow off the mountain Laughing

thought you might have strapped in 'upright and on the move though' wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hah Smile

yeah, trust me I can and do - but was a bit rusty!

as for Beacon Hill, will post a pic/map of the 'run' cos it wasn't obvious to find!

I tried Wollaton Park in Nottingham yesterday but it was mostly flat and far too busy with kids sledging. Though the sledging made the sticky wet slow snow a bit faster as they compacted it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here's my 'piste map' in case you're thinking of hitting 'the beacon'

http://www.boardie.com/?p=170
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boardiecouk, wordpress too eh !! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hah - none finer....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quality Piste map !!
Will check out the Vid later from home snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good video, some mates went to Brdagate Park, but said it was too busy so they went to Broombrigs instead, which is all grass
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did Bradgate today from 2pm to 4.30pm. Rocks showing through in places and lots of thin snow from sledders, but it was still quality to be able to board just 20mins drive from the house. I'd say I managed 500m off the back of the folly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
quality! - I'd thought of going to Old John (Bradgate) and we were on our way there and got slightly lost hence ending up at the beacon - met a mountain boarder there who assured us it was better than bradgate, but I'm not sure he realised our requirements (i.e. grass under the snow!) - someone had also suggested Broombrigs but we didn't know exactly where it was - thought we were there at first and wandered up a track which we gave up on!... -not sure we'll get out again but will try to find broombriggs during the summer so I know what's what! The other option was to head to Derbys, but again, didn't really know where to go - think I'll pay more attention to the slopes in summertime now I know there's a vague possibility of being able to use them!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
here you go boardiecouk

broombrigs park. Opposite Beacon Hill Country Park, Off Beacon Road, Woodhouse Eaves, North West Leicestershire, LE12 8SR

You could also try windmill hill, if you park in birdhill road woodhouse eves, there used to be a way up down a long steep grass patch. I think they have put a gate in now so may need to climb over. it is not private land just I don't thing they want lots of peopel going up that way.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
coo, thanks! - not sure I'll get to go again this year but I could be wrong, work just happened to fall the right way for me this time (I work shifts and did 5am til 12noon each day this week)

Hoping to hit Scotland a week tomorrow - weather depending, so there'll be another vid after that (am currently looking at ways to improve the waterproofness of my camera & protect the wideangle lens more - you may have seen how trashed it was on some of the shots on the video)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wow what a great vid Smile
Was going to post mine on its own thread but think I post it here!!!!

This is our friend and his kid on our boards snowboarding for the 2nd time only!!!!! the first time was yesterday for about 30 mins!!

http://youtube.com/v/pSM_3yKg4Js

Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy