Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellmau, 21st March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked a single room in Ellmau for the week nof 21st March.

Any other Snowheads going to be in that area then?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm about a 30 minute drive away - but I work until Wednesday evening away from home - Thursday and Fridays are my weekends then I work at home Saturdays and Sundays!

How long are you in Ellmau for? Espri and Steilhang are also locally based.

Sue wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, I arrive on the 21st, leave on the 28th (traditional Saturday - Saturday package from UK).

My flights are early/late enough that I should get a couple of hours skiing in on arrival, and before departure. Smile

I'll be staying in the Blattlhof, which I believe is about 250 metres from the Astbergbahn chairlift (in a straight line, about 400-500metres going round the road).

I would be happy to meet up for a ski any day(s) I'm there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK the long range forecast isn't looking too bad for that week - I may take time off at short notice if it is starting to look mega good!

Will you be staying in contact via the SH board? I can drive to Ellmau weekdays in about 30 minutes - weekends take longer because of all the tourists coming and going!

I'm a reasonable skier but coming back form a 3 year break after reconstructive surgery on my knee - so stylish but with crap stamina! wink

Sue Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
OK the long range forecast isn't looking too bad for that week - I may take time off at short notice if it is starting to look mega good!

Will you be staying in contact via the SH board? I can drive to Ellmau weekdays in about 30 minutes - weekends take longer because of all the tourists coming and going!

I'm a reasonable skier but coming back form a 3 year break after reconstructive surgery on my knee - so stylish but with crap stamina! wink

Sue Shocked

I'm not sure if there are internet computers available in the hotel (or how much they will cost). If there are, then yes I will have a lok at SH every evening, and stay in touch.

Otherwise, I can send you my mobile number, or you could leave a message for me with hotel reception.

I'm a reasonably competent intermediate level skier, but also not with huge amounts of stamina.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
who did u book through? im looking to go on this date but having difficulty booking as a solo.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney, OK - PM me your mobile number and I'll send you mine. It is beginning to look like it would be a good week to take off for me so I will be probably visiting a few places as I can't afford a real holiday just yet!

BTW are you a skier or a boarder? I stand on two planks (or try to any way rolling eyes ) It makes no difference to me one way or the other - I want to learn to board as soon as I am sure my knees are up for it! There's no way they will ever be able to cope with 2 planks in deep snow again

Maybe we can get Espri and Steilhang to make an Austrian mini-MSB?

Sue

wink wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alex_heney, I'm looking for somewhere to go that week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mmdpkaaa, I booked through Thomas Cook - they don't seem to have anything available now for a solo for that date at a rational price. I booked early in February, when they still had a fair amount - although even so I got the last place in that hotel for that date.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
alex_heney, OK - PM me your mobile number and I'll send you mine. It is beginning to look like it would be a good week to take off for me so I will be probably visiting a few places as I can't afford a real holiday just yet!

PM sent.

Quote:

BTW are you a skier or a boarder? I stand on two planks (or try to any way rolling eyes ) It makes no difference to me one way or the other - I want to learn to board as soon as I am sure my knees are up for it! There's no way they will ever be able to cope with 2 planks in deep snow again

I'm a skier, and still having too much fun skiing to want to try boarding, although I've skied in mixed groups before with no problems.

Quote:

Maybe we can get Espri and Steilhang to make an Austrian mini-MSB?

Sue

wink wink

That would be good, if either of them can make it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy