Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cattle farming should be banned NOW!!

Poster: A snowHead
well of course it should, it is known that cows produce more CO2 Embarassed Embarassed sorry methane wink than any other single source so surely cattle farming should be banned and if we do that then added to the list would be

pig farming, sheep farming, in fact the rearing of any creature which eats vegitation etc etc

discuss/

BTW that is all i have to say on the subject Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 7-02-09 7:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CEM, You are lucky you didn't get ntfarmer onto Organic wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 5-02-09 13:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Quiet day at the shop?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, AIUI, people are more worried by their CH4 emissions than by their CO2 emissions.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a vegetarian so fine by me. My cat may have some complaints though...

Incidentally where does the global warming debate stand on our current exceptionally cold winter...?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, you can't look at a single cold or hot spell in a small part of the world and make any inference about global climatic changes. They've been having record hot temperatures in SE Australia at the same time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, your suggestion does not go far enough! It is no good ending cattle farming, that will have almost no effect whatsoever, we must end cattle... full stop! Twisted Evil Only once the species has been destroyed will the ice caps start growing again, whilst they live we shall forever be faced with an impending, apocalyptic end to the world as we know it...

Not sure where this would leave pubs though, what could I possibly eat in on without steak and kidney puddings?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, very, i made it in this morning, 4 of my 5 clients had called to cancel see if i was going to be there and then cancel....i have to go back in later as i have one client travelling from south wales who is addiment he will get to us, a people carrier with traction control Confused i went home..... gave him my mobile number and........ he said he would set off at 12 would call me just after 1 to say that he was on the A34......phone has not gone yet Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't we just send the Chinese a photo of a cow doing a dump all over a picture of Chairman Mao, and let both of them wipe each other out in the resulting war? Emissions of all types would drop 80% overnight...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, my cattle probably fart less than you do. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
erica2004, what you trying to say
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM wrote:
well of course it should, it is known that cows produce more CO2 than any other single source
Think you mean methane... which is a worse greenhouse gas than CO2 and trees can't live on it.

So, ban all livestock farming... result = loads of unemployed beasts... result = they all take up skiing... result = some of 'em try heli-skiing... result = we need to debate all that again and whether they need helmets or not. See what you've started now?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In protest i just threw my shoe at a cow Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM,

I think we should just ban farming. Afterall farmers are a bunch of loosers. All farms should be turned over to green lane training centres Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller wrote:
So, ban all livestock farming... result = loads of unemployed beasts... result = they all take up skiing... result = some of 'em try heli-skiing... result = we need to debate all that again and whether they need helmets or not. See what you've started now?

And would they each be able to take two pairs of ski-boots in their hand luggage?
snow report
I bet they'd be terrified of carving. Though they might confuse it with calving.
ski holidays
sloop, laundryman, Laughing Laughing
latest report
CEM wrote:
well of course it should, it is known that cows produce more CO2 than any other single source so surely cattle farming should be banned and if we do that then added to the list would be

pig farming, sheep farming, in fact the rearing of any creature which eats vegitation etc etc

discuss/

BTW that is all i have to say on the subject Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Apparently.... and I have this on proper authority...... Cattle should be replaced with Kangaroo!

The meat tastes nice, so I'm told... They are prolific breeders and they produce a fraction of the CO2 of cattle. I am reliably informed that the CO2 from cattle isn't from farting but from the cud fermenting in their multiple stomach digestive system.
ski holidays
Vipa,

Can a Kangaroo be milked? Shocked
snow report
johnboy, any female animal can be milked Very Happy
ski holidays
Just to throw a little fact into the debate. It is not all livestock that are a problem with the methane emissions just the ruminants i.e cattle, sheep, goats etc. Kangaroos are not a major problem but they might kick you into next week if you tried to milk them.
latest report
rayscoops, so why is there no pig cheese? Is pigs' milk disgusting or is it just far too dangerous to try milking a whopping great fierce porker?
latest report
Lizzard, Herbivores have the most efficient digestive system and so produce the cleanest milk.. Omnivores and carnivores have a whole lot more problematic things to deal with. You'll know a piggery from many km's away.

Sow milk is very nutritious and high in fat content. Sows produce a large amount of milk, providing a volume that is very similar to the production from cows. The reason that we do not milk from pigs is because they are more difficult to restrain and they have several more teats than cows, making it difficult to milk them

Horse milk seems quite a good idea toohttp://www.burleson-arabians.com/horse_milk.htm

Based upon the above vegetarian women are also an option I suppose for good milk and cheese Very Happy
ski holidays
Why not gag all the politicians in the world as they have to be the main cause of hot air wink
snow conditions
cc_7up, or snowheads Shocked wink
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
johnboy, any female animal can be milked Very Happy

Any female mammal. snowHead
snow conditions
I feel a robert de niro moment, from meet the parents, coming. Can you milk me? Very Happy
latest report
Laundryman - Whales would be tricky Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
An experiment is being carried out on Cows in Somerset

Quote:

An experiment has begun in Somerset to find out if letting cattle roam outdoors in woodchip produces less greenhouse gas than in a roofed barn.

Longhorn cows which have grazed land on the Blackdown Hills have been put into a purpose-built woodchip corral approved by the Environment Agency.

The theory is that cattle kept outside have a lower body temperature and emit less methane than those kept indoors.

The Neroche Scheme experiment will continue until the middle of 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/7886596.stm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy