Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning to go to Les Arc on 21st Feb with OH.
I have some good prices for catered chalets in Arc 2000.

As I have not been there before I wanted some advice on the following: -

Is it easy to get across to Arc 1950 and 1800 for all the nice blue runs?
What it the apreski like at 2000?
What are the current conditions in Les Arcs?
Is there as much snow as there currently is in Solihull (had 2 inches of the white stuff last night)

I know there is a snowhead on here who reports regularly from Arc so some advise would be much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dontlikeheights, Ask Bertie about conditions, he's living the dream. To get to 1950 you do down a small run, can be a bit busy but not hard (my 6 year old can do it) and to get to 1800 is easy via one chair out of 1950 and then a nice run down. As for Apres, don't know, was there wiht 3 kids Sad .

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46330&highlight=
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's easy to get from the Arc 2000 side of the ski domain across to the Arc 1800 side. You have a choice of three different routes all on easy blue pistes if you want. On piste conditions are currently very good, with a little bit of snow forecast in the next few days. But 21st of Feb is still some distance away so conditions could change for the better or worse between now and then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are nice blue runs at Arc 2000, and Arc 1950 is,literally, 50 metres away.

There are a few bars & restaurants around 2000, but there's more at 1950, which would be a pretty short journey in your beer taxi.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dontlikeheights, Be warned, prices in Arc1950 will make you wallet and eyes bleed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have heard that about the prices.
And the way I drink, I have already asked for a loan Very Happy

Am glad that there are some easy runs.
Will be good for the OH.

Cant wait for the 21st.

Regarding the ski passes, is it correct you can just get a pass for Les Arc area and not all of the paradiski?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dontlikeheights wrote:
Regarding the ski passes, is it correct you can just get a pass for Les Arc area and not all of the paradiski?

Correct. The saving will pay for a 1/2 a pint in 1950 wink Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess I will have to take advantage of the wine they offer in the Catered Chalet that I am going to book.

Just out of interest, how much is the price of a pint of chilled lager in 1950?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dontlikeheights wrote:
I guess I will have to take advantage of the wine they offer in the Catered Chalet that I am going to book.

Just out of interest, how much is the price of a pint of chilled lager in 1950?

More expensive if it is chilled. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dontlikeheights, outside happy hour, we paid between €6 and €8 depending on establishment mid Jan. So, that's 30 quid a round for 4 of you...

Or more if you want to: there's one restaurant that has (on the menu - not hidden away for 'special guests') bottles of champagne at €885

So, nice for the occasional drink, but I'd stick with the Catered Chalet wine if you are after a session!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy