Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi! New to the forum.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm new here. My name's Ste, I'm a skier but tried boarding this weekend for the first time and broke my arm! 'nuff said?

I've only ever skied scotland unfortunately, but would love to get up to the alps as soon as i get this cast off! So anyway, hello everyone!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello. Unlucky break - how did you manage it?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crispyste, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I hope you make a quick recovery from your injury. Boarding can be dangerous!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
crispyste, yuk. Bit of a bummer. I hope your arm heals well. Oh - welcome to snowheads.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

hyweljenkins wrote:
Hello. Unlucky break - how did you manage it?

Was only a green slope, caught the back edgeand slammed myself into the ground. Oh, and being Scotland it was icy. I put it down to inexperience. Wish I'd just stuck to skis!

However I'd love to be able to do both, unlike most it seems - why this rift between skiiers and boarders? I hope its just friendly banter!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
crispyste, in general I think it is just friendly banter, skiers get a little bit envious of boarders abilities off piste and those nice comfortable snowboarding boots, boarders get upset when skiers go past them on flat sections Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crispyste,
So how many times have you skied? Where in Scotland?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, I agree entirely, I did try boarding once and was crap at it. I do want their boots though
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crispyste, at least you didn't have to travel to an extensive foreign resort to break it.

Why the rift between skiers & boarders? Mostly because skiers are better.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HH, skiied loads of times up there - Glenshee, Cairngorm, Glencoe and the Lecht - only one I haven't skiied is nevis range. Was at glenshee this weekend, 1 weekend too early it seems! I usually go on my own so maybe I'll meet people on here to meet up with.

What about you?

hyweljenkins, very true - for that i'm grateful!

I should be getting the cast off by mid-march so hopefully heading somewhere alpine after that.

Do many people both ski and board?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I did try boarding once and was crap at it

Well of course you were. Whoever was great on their first day on skis? No good giving up after 1 attempt.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anotherproblem, Dont be fooled by pam w. Give up snow boarding it's an illness that will only lead you into further disappointment and dispair. Apologies for degrading this thread by insulting snow boarders.

crispyste, welcome! Im not long here myself. That sucks about your arm... bad things tend to happen on a board. Its just karma for annoying us skiiers. Go to the alps and get intermediate lessons and you'll forget about this boarding stupidity. Smile

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 4-02-09 23:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lol @ scrubyjoe, maybe that's what I'll do!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy