Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all as promised a quick run down on our holiday in Soll.

Hotel - we stayed in the Hotel Tyrol brilliant hotel, spacious rooms, nice bar area and the food was fantastic. Breakfast variety of cereals, toast, breads, ham's cheeses etc plus fruit juices and tea and coffee

Dinner - choice of main course very tasty and at least 3 courses every night plus soup and salad bar what you need after a hard day on the slopes.

Resort - lovely little village with 2 main night spots the Whiskey Muhle and the Salvesen Stadl, we preferred the Stadl as it had a better atmosphere and very close to the slopes for a bit of apres ski.

If you do eat out there is a little local restaurant opposite the whiskey muhle drinks where cheap and the food tasty and plentiful.

Beer is about 3 euro, some places sprits can be expensive

Skiing - wow what can i say absolutely superb plenty of snow and slopes. Would recommend going off to Westendorf as the views from the top of the mountain are fantastic and great runs over there.

If you go to Scheffeu and your worried about time dont panic you get a taxi back to Soll for 3 euro each which we did a couple of times.

Some of the blue runs are actually harder than the red runs so pick carefully and also if you can only ski blues it can be hard it you venture out of soll to actually get back there on blue runs.

You can ski right back to the gondola and a bit further down is one of the main ski rental places, if its not included pay the 7 euro's to leave your stuff in the ski garage well worth it, we had it included in our holiday price through Neilson.

Extras - you must do the toboggan run rent a toboggan from under the gondola as its less distance to carry it, 5 euro for the day, its great fun we loved it

I have skied Andorra and Bulgaria before but Soll by far wins its amazing definately going back next year

Vegas Pitch lovely to meet you at the hotel

Zobo hope you find this helpful

enjoy your skiing i am jealous of all those going out as i didnt want to come home
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going to be skiing from Itter the week after next. It's the next resort to Soll but covering the same area, so it's nice to know that you enjoyed it so much.

Thanks for the post.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one - been there twice in March but the snow hasnt been the best. Having said that I loved the atmosphere there and where there was decent snow it was great. Lift system is second to none as well and prices are reasonable. We did the ski storage too, but at a place right below the gondola - edingers, i think, best money i have ever spent. I'd like to get back again too - but when the snow is good.

First time round we stayed in Itter - couple of drags gets you down the gondola, and if i recall theres a run that gets you moreorless back if you dont miss the last drag up - kinda reverse of going down, if you know what i mean!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tonsky - Wow loved your post, am getting so excited now, just over a week to go. We have skiied Soll before but haven't actually stayed in the village, so really looking forward to it, thanks for the tips.
Westendorf looks like my kind of place so can't wait to ski there. My 2 kids did their first black runs last year and couldn't understand why I hadn't let them down them before, just trying to be a careful mum! My son loves to sit down on the back of his ski's when cruising along, I can't even attempt to be that flexible!

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the post.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zobo watch your kids over at Westendorf straight from the gondola at the top is a black but its about 80% so only let them down it if they can cope with it.

There is a great blue / red all the way down to the other side of the mountain with a gondola back up or a great red all the way down straight back to the bottom of the mountain and it tags onto the gondola as brixen to take you back up so can recommend that. also very easy to get back into soll from there

when you look at the map the blue run at the bottom of lift number 7 does not exist so this is the only thing to be aware of as if you can only ski blues your need to go to scheffeu and get a taxi back this is the safest way to avoid injury

glad the post help and let me know how you get on

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 5-02-09 15:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tonsky wrote:
when you look at the map the blue run at the bottom of lift number 7 does not exist so this is the only thing to be aware of as if you can only ski bluews your nee to go to scheffeu and get a taxi back this is the safest way to aoid injury

Yeah, that caught me out - that blue run is there, but access is from a couple of hundred metres up the piste that leads to lift 7 from the Hohe Salve.
Fortunately, I still had time to get round the mountain clockwise to get back to Soll. I don't think you can do that route only on blues, though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
glad we were not the only ones caught out then

it was about 15.45 and we were concernd about lift times and very tired legs so did risk the reds on the way bck so did the 2 blue runs to scheuffeu plus the appropriate lifts and got the scheuffeu gondola down just to be on the safe side
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy