Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Removing binding heel pieces for air travel

Poster: A snowHead
2 pairs of skis in a bag always is bulky and a tight fit. How easy is it to pop of the heel fixings. I know they move for adjustment.

I had a pair of rentals wher the toe binding came off without permission.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you've got something like the old Nordica binding on a notched plate (now used by Vist I think) very easy. As always spyderjon will know the answer for your specific ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, If you're on a rail type system AND you know what you're doing . . . fine. If not, leave well enough alone Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done this plenty of times with my Scott and Look/Dynastar bindings.

Its a great way to save space and there easy to put back on, just be wary of the grease. I find wrapping both the heel piece and ski in a plastic bag (obviously the binding plate not the whole ski) keeps the grease off other items in the bag.

Remember to take a screwdriver (flathead) to put them back on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easy peasy!

And how it was done:
http://www.backcountryworld.com/showthread.php?t=233&highlight=snowheads
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a pair of bindings in my hand luggage today. Got pulled by the security chaps at Geneva airport and spent a frustrating few minutes explaining what they were. You'd think that staff at GVA would recognise ski bindings...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, easy with Vist - but otherwise I'd flash a PM to spyderjon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, had exactly the same thing at geneva a week ago sunday, they made me take them out of all the bags, looked at them, then put them through the xray scanner again! which all seemed a bit silly. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carroz, I'm glad it wasn't just me then!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rails on my Rossi's so I slide 'em off to make more room in the ske bag when I need to Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Isn't it easier to just use a bigger bag??

The weight of skis+bindings (assuming both in the same bag) won't be any different mounted, or unmounted.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RobW, I dont have a bigger bag.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kind advice from spyderjon led me to undoing the central locating screw on the railflex system. Toe and Heel pieces just slide off along with a spacing bar. I mark where the spacing bar slots inro both and then I have 3 bits. Re-assembly took 90 seconds per ski. Jobs a good un Very Happy

See pic from www.snowsports.pl The toe and heel bit com off, the screw bit and the serated black strip

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Useful to know that it can be done. My skis also have a rail mounted binding, and although I don't have slightest inclination to take them apart without the company of someone technical enough to show me how to reset them its good to know that they probably could demount if I ever needed them to.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have Tyrolia bindings with a railflex system, is it easy/safe to remove bindings
latest report
Had to do this to get two pairs of skis into a single ski bag - certainly a worthwhile exercise. As has been said previously, only do this if you know what you're doing Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy