Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flex adjustment for Salomon Xwave 10 '02 model

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought these in 2002 (red colour) and just realized I might be able to reduce their stiffness a bit. The lock nut above the boot cuff cant adjustment seems to have two positions but I don't know how to adjust these nuts. I've loosened them but their is no noticeable extra flex movement. I've heard that with some models you need to remove the lock nuts and inside plug completely but this would leave a hole in the boot. Any advice?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DeeJayDee, take the two rearward bolts and brass inserts out and put duct tape over the holes...from a year or two later salomon supplied little plugs with some boots for the purpose but tape does the job just fine Very Happy

make sure that you do not loosen or play with the cant rivets either side of the ankle, removing one of them could be terminal Skullie
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, is there a downside, in performance of the boot, to doing this. If so, is there a better way to reduce flex?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, you mean "...increase flex" right?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27, probably.

Reduce flex index.

Reduce stiffness.

Increase flexability.

Sorta thing. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
it will reduce the rebound of the boot SLIGHTLY, the only other ways are to remove the cuff and remove plastic from the top of the clog/lower strap of the cuff
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM wrote:
ilower strap of the cuff

Kinda curious if you've ever thinned the plastic here, not made the lower strap narrower.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i tend to remove material as in cut it narrower from the bottom where it binds on the instep, occasional grinding to the rear edge will thin it down, and can have an effect, but it is less noticable
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM,
Presumably the canting rivets (labelled "canting") can be turned 180 degrees (so the arrow points down) to alter the position of the boot cuff to better align with leg shape? I've done this on the outside canting rivets only on each boot. It has moved the cuffs only slightly towards the inside but I presume this is the maximum adjustment possible for the boot?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DeeJayDee, correct
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy