Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mens' World Champs Super G (Includes Comments, Results etc ticker tape type thing)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, we're back to Val d in mens mode - a course that barely 50% of the world's top skiers can even complete... rolling eyes

Maier going in bi 20, Drake of GBR wearing bib 40, Crawford going shortly after.

Kostelic has already decided not to risk it on a silly course. Still, it's better than the farce that is the Val d GS.

Raich has put down an impressive time though, Staudacher and Dixon putiing down solid, but quite conservative times thus far.

Ligety was thrown out in a mix up on possibly the worst part of the course. Looked to be okay though as he kicked off his ski to stop his leg getting hurt any more than it must have been.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
An almost inch perfect run from Cuche, can anyone touch him? Excellent, big angles, getting great grippy turns in, allowing him to keep the speed going where it was throwing others out of the course.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Positively disgusted by British Eurosport's coverage. Cutting away for a break with about two minutes of the programme to go, and then ending the programme about one minute before one of the British up and coming skiers heads down the course. Yet they have no problem letting boring crap like cycling and handball run over by a considerable amount of time... Twisted Evil

Anyway, can't even watch the race on the FIS video service that I paid over the odds for (for a crap picture with no commentary - exceptionally poor value compared to my baseball online video service). However, checked the live results page, both Drake and Crawford put in quite respectable times on a horrible course (let's face it, a number of top racers haven't even finished the course).

Always disappointed by the commentator who, upon being given a shot of the next two racers, goes on about the Frenchman, neglecting to even mention that Drake, a British skier, was standing right next to him... rolling eyes
snow report
 brian
brian
Allez Didier ! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was there today, will try to get some photos up. Atmosphere was good, fun day out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skisimon wrote:
An almost inch perfect run from Cuche, can anyone touch him? Excellent, big angles, getting great grippy turns in, allowing him to keep the speed going where it was throwing others out of the course.

So great run by Cuche and others but why do you think the Face de Bellvarde is cr*p Puzzled

The only racers who seem to be winging are the loosers wink

I was at the race this morning and being able to view 75% of the course from the finish area is great for spectating. On most courses you only see a fraction of the action.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian wrote:
Allez Didier ! Very Happy

^^^wot he said Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, I don't think that the FdB SG/DH course is cr*p. Whilst I think it is perhaps a little too tough I can cope with the FdB for the DH as you don't get too many flowing/smoot DH courses anyway, and the Super G is watchable, though not great (watching guys pulling out, crashing, sitting in the back seat and losing their outside ski at regular interbals is not great viewing at all).

I do, however, think the GS course is cr*p. Similar to easiski, I like a smooth, flowing GS course, which allows the skiers to show of their skills with some really nice turns and rhythm changes. Watching the top racers in the world ski an entire GS and only carve a handful of turns is not my idea of a good GS. On the other hand, I absolutely adored the Alta Badia and Adelboden GS races, good opportunities for beautiful turns, some really nice rhythm changes and delays, and a couple of good pitches to push the skiers to the limit.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevomcd, stewart woodward, I was there as well, will be at most of the races I hope, but today we tried to get near to the action, further up the hill instead of at the finish. Good action, fun to watch, nobody to badly hurt in the crashes andvery challenging course. But not sure it is a good place to hold such a tough race. Having said that, the swiss had it nailed and really looked good although it did seem more like a GS than a SG in places. Look forward to the downhills at the weekend.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy wrote:
Look forward to the downhills at the weekend.

Hopefully not too much snow over the next couple of days or the races may be postponed Sad

The course sliders will be earning their money over the next couple of days, if it does snow, trying to keep the course snow free rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy