Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Corn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dropped by helicopter on the summit of the Grand Galbert NehNeh we took advantage of spring snow conditions a few days after Christmas for some hot HD action

Ski touring on the Grand Galbert from David GEORGE
http://vimeo.com/3071225?pg=transcoded_embed&sec=3071225

well ok Manu Gaidet it is not !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hele Drop!!

Do you work for the BBC?

How heavy was it BTW?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof, was the snow as described at 01.45? Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle wrote:
davidof, was the snow as described at 01.45? Laughing

It hadn't snowed for two weeks so the snow was a load of frozen ruts on the climb. We gambled that by 1pm the south-east slopes would have melted enough to make it skiable. The first 300m was on frozen windswept snow then it softened nicely but with a few surprises. There was a band of perfect snow that was angled at +/- 2 degrees to the s.e. which mean a band of about 100 meters width that was for the most part very skiable.. stray off this band and you either had corrugated iron or a soup on top of breakable crust.

"ah merde" - that was luc realizing he wasn't filming what he thought he was filming... he had flu and wasn't on form.

As a point of interest where you see us looking down the couloir is the start of the legendary Infernet. 1800 meters of descent at 45+ degrees which ends at the war memorial just out of Gavet on the road to Bourg d'Oisans.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof,
Quote:

looking down the couloir
It looked absolutely terrifying - gave me vertigo sitting at my desk!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy