Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do I adjust bindings on Fischer AMC skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just acquired a pair of used Fischer AMC 7.3 skis with Fischer bindings.
How do I check/adjust the bindings? - pictures below.
Having searched I can find nothing which is obviousely correct, but they look suspiciousely (sp?) like Tyrolia Railflex bindings - can anyone confirm this, together with which version they are?
Thanks

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Undo the central screw, slide both front and rear bindings with the joining bar off the rails, turn over, adjust to the new size and then refit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Railflex 2
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tell the cat to stop being so lazy and do the bindings itself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't forget to check the forward pressure after you have adjusted the boot length and din setting.

At the back of the binding is a small metal plate with markings on it. With your boot clicked in the binding, the plate should end up roughly in the middle. If not take the boot out, lift up the plate (tab) with a flat blade screwdriver and this allows the rear binding to move slightly either forwards or backwards. Press the tab back down.

Recheck with boot inserted.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 3-02-09 23:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lower wrote:
Undo the central screw, slide both front and rear bindings with the joining bar off the rails, turn over, adjust to the new size and then refit.

Then set the DIN &, most importantly, the foward pressure adjustment.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got the same problem. I've undone the screw, got the bindings off and turned them over but am now stuck. I can see no indication of the adjustment required to fit a 322mm boot or how to actually adjust them in terms of levers or buttons to push. Thinh I can adjust the DIN but wouln't know where to start with forward pressure adjustment.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What are these 2 levers for:?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
petem77 wrote:
What are these 2 levers for:?....
I clearly need(ed) more coffee... having now bothered to open my eyes & apply brain it looks like the answer has already been provided by bernie:
bernie wrote:
Don't forget to check the forward pressure after you have adjusted the boot length and din setting.

At the back of the binding is a small metal plate with markings on it. With your boot clicked in the binding, the plate should end up roughly in the middle. If not take the boot out, lift up the plate (tab) with a flat blade screwdriver and this allows the rear binding to move slightly either forwards or backwards. Press the tab back down.

Recheck with boot inserted.

Thanks all for your prompt help.

If anyone can direct me towards an install/service guide for the bindings would appreciate.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corky wrote:
I've got the same problem. I've undone the screw, got the bindings off and turned them over but am now stuck. I can see no indication of the adjustment required to fit a 322mm boot or how to actually adjust them in terms of levers or buttons to push. Thinh I can adjust the DIN but wouln't know where to start with forward pressure adjustment.

http://www.tyrolia.com/certification/dls0607/Techn.Manual.english.pdf

tells you how to adjust the joining bar and then set the forward pressure.

But if you don't know what forward pressure or the Din settings are or how to adjust them you should really be leaving this to a ski tech.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lower wrote:
http://www.tyrolia.com/certification/dls0607/Techn.Manual.english.pdf
tells you how to adjust the joining bar and then set the forward pressure.

But if you don't know what forward pressure or the Din settings are or how to adjust them you should really be leaving this to a ski tech.
Thanks for the link; & your warning (if it was aimed at me). I will be taking my skis to a US-trained qualified tech I know, who is not familiar with this particular binding. Just wanted to be ready & prepared.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
:thumbup:

it was a generic comment. I sought advice on here on how to set up my bindings on my first set of skis and was given the same warning.

But i'm an engineer Very Happy So i found the instructions on line, set up the bindings and then had them checked by a ski tech in resort. They were perfect Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
petem77 wrote:
Thanks for the link; & your warning (if it was aimed at me). I will be taking my skis to a US-trained qualified tech I know, who is not familiar with this particular binding. Just wanted to be ready & prepared.

Hmmm. Our definitions differ.

Oh well, no matter, enjoy the skis!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the advice: Best bit, take them to someone who knows what they are doing. So that's what I'm going to do. I assume S+R could set them for me?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I know this is an old thread, but my weight has changed and want to adjust my setting on the same bindings as these.
The front is straight forward, but the rear has a plastic cover...not sure what to stick thru the cap..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy