Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings... Free mounting?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just posted this as a reply in Buy/Sell Forum, however thought people here may have some useful advice too?

Does anyone know of anywhere that offers free binding mount for just bindings purchased? (Preferably London/surrey area). I've just bought some new Punishers. There's lots of places that state free binding mounting for skis bought through them? I've come across a brand new set of Salomon STH 12's for £100 inc delivery, which seems good value....?

Any help much appreciated...?! (Or anyone with a nearly new lightweight (STH12/Griffon?) binding min 12 din binding for sale...?)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Prib Star, You may have to almost buy something else from a shop and then let slip the clincher... "I'll take it if you mount my bindings for me".
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
25 quid at snow and rock or free adjustment Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The going rate for a binding mount, assuming you've bought neither the skis nor the bindings from the store, is £25 - part of which is to cover the insurance liability.

Shopping around for the best deal on skis & bindings is one thing but then expecting a free mount from a store is taking the pi$$ rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Prib Star, I have just had some bindings fitted at Snowfit in Norwich for £10 as I bought the bindings from them, otherwise £25 for the reasons spyderjon states or free if you buy both skis and bindings. £25 is quite reasonable for the work/risk involved.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, Seconded.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers everyone - to clarify i was not expecting a free mount for buying the bindings elsewhere, it was purely in terms of comparing the price of the sth12's - ie add on the standard £25 cost for mounting against maybe a shop price of £125 that included mounting or for a maybe a reduced price of a tenner as Richad E's suggestion... Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably false economy to buy them for £100 plus del plus fitting...
S+R sell them for £125.00 and that will include fitting.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If any use to anyone, the friendly guy at Sandown sold be some Griffons for £120 mounted... They are doing the Jesters for £170 too.

£270 for a quality brand new set-up is great value in my eyes...pays to shop about!

Three weeks and counting... Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, Sandown are a good outfit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy