Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just spent the weekend skiing in Engelberg. Didn't see anything of the town as we stayed in Lucern which is about 45mins away by train. The skiing is fairly limited in terms of pisted runs, 75% of which are graded red. Managed to ski everything meaningful on piste on Saturday. It was a fairly hard day in terms of mileage on the legs for my first ski of the season. The Sunday was another beautiful bluebird day, the narrow pistes were becoming decidely icy, so managed to persuade my companions to follow me off piste for the majority of the day, something that they hadn't particularly considered in the past. We had a great day in pretty good off piste conditions, it wasn't knee deep intimidating stuff for the newcomer but deep enough for them to feel a different aspect of the mountain. After the initial trepidation they found in so much more enjoyable than picking their way down an icy piste.

If you get the chance this is a good ski area, although probably not for a whole week. With a little more snow the off piste skiing is more than enough to keep you happy

Finished skiing mid afternoon and back home by 1100.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Engelberg used to be popular with Brits back in the 60s etc. It has one of the most sensational off-piste slopes in the Alps - the Laub, 1000m vertical of even-gradient powder perfection on a good day, and quite accessible from the top of a chair with a little hike of about 5 mins.

Because Engelberg's terrain is part glaciated, there's lots of other interest, too.

I agree that it's best visited for a short trip - maybe mid-week to avoid weekenders.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy