Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Champs just started

Poster: A snowHead
Ladies Super G, Chemmie goes no 33
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking pretty good so far - but they're not racing on the silly terrain that the men are.

Missed the first fifteen or so, but seeing some interesting racing.

Who thought it would be a good idea to ask Mancuso how the course was skiing... rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should suit Chemmy though, it's still quite a steep, tight course, and she seems to like the more technical courses. Fingers crossed, just a few minutes to go.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not great, but certainly showed something given that only about three or four of the racers following her have even completed the course. Skullie
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where were you watching?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lyndsey Vonn takes first Gold in Super G.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beequin, who? I was watching in my living room (on Eurosport).

Good run from Vonn to knock a home nation skier off top spot. First American SG win and a World Champs too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skisimon, thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, Helluva course wasn't it? Good start all round though - a home nations person on the podium, the best skier this season winning ... Chemmy did OK, and we can probably claim Marie Marchand-Arvier as a snowhead. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, can we!? Toofy Grin snowHead

I did really enjoy the course actually. A bit tricky, but not ridiculously so like the mens' course, with a couple of sections that required some spot on skiing to get the most out of.

Mens' Super G tomorrow morning on Eurosport at 9.45. Worth noting that the only time I can remember them mentioning must have been CET rather than GMT.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good training run from Chemmy today Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think that's a bit of an understatement Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Too high a start number for training run 2 today, it seems.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon, well - her mum teaches french to The Flying Bogee, so why not???

Excellent training run for the men today, but I was waiting and waiting for Simon and John to mention the British guys from the Super G yesterday - after all they had plenty of time to fill - how disappointing that they didn't. You wouldn't think we had anyone there except for Chemmy. Sad It's really interesting to watch the first training run - well, I thought so anyway. Seeing many of the guys 'just' skiing the line Shocked watching their positions on the skis etc. Big snowplough from one (forget who). Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good call, anything that means we can claim a World Championship silver medalist. snowHead

I have already emailed British Eurosport to voice my displeasure at the coverage of yesterday's Super G. Whilst I'm very disappointed that they didn't keep the coverage going to show the Brits, I can at least acknowledge that programming probably required it; however, there is no excuse for not even talking about the British hopefuls that were going to be racing within a couple of minutes of the programme ending...
snow report
The weather here this morning is clear with some high level clouds. A little snow has fallen overnight but not as much as forecast by lie.com

Hopefully it will not cloud in before todays Mens Downhill.

ps. Any chance of just one thread for the World Champs Puzzled
snow conditions
Mens Downhill just started. The Herminator on course.
ski holidays
Cloud has just come in over some of the course. And what a brutal course it is Shocked
latest report
Team event has been cancelled. Too much snow and too much wind. The decision has also been made not to reschedule it.

Just incase anyone else was getting angry about WTA Tennis being on Eurosport instead of skiing... Or wonders why the skiing hasn't recorded.
ski holidays
I had it set rolling eyes . I missed the blooming slalom bit of the men super combined by aaaarrrrrsing up the recording too Evil or Very Mad . Why couldn't that have been postponed Sad .
latest report
maggi, I think the decision was made because there are events on every day until Sunday (2xGS and 2xSL), and as the team event included both men and women, some racers might have had to race twice in two days if they tried to fit it in. I suppose it's also a bit of a sideline compared to the main competitions.
snow report
I just wanted to watch some skiing. It's very annoying that they replace it with tennis instead of repeating a recent skiing event. Especially as you can't i player it Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
maggi, here you go then, some skiing to watch:
Lauberhorn Vid
Toofy Grin
latest report
skisimon, Laughing
ski holidays
Lots of preparation work going on in La Daille today.

Hope they don't change the race pistes as there are no TV cameras in La Daille at the moment.
ski holidays
David Ryding goes in today's GS qualification race. Bib 2 so hopefully he will get a good run.
snow report
Do you know how the qualification works?
snow report
Ryding in Top 5 (of qualifying) after run 1. Excellent

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=54017
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Finished 3rd, hopefully qualifies?
snow conditions
And 3rd after run 2. Still don't know how many qualify, but should be good enough?
ski holidays
Managed to see both of David's runs and catch a quick word with him after. My morning kids now want to be ski racers Very Happy

David finished 3rd (top 25 qualify). David said he was just trying for 2 solid runs without any risks to qualify. hopefulyy he can come 3rd tomorrow Toofy Grin Very Happy
snow conditions
The Pendle boy done good. Hopefully the world is gunna see what potential that The Rocket Ryding has, and hopefully he'll cause a little bit of upset along the way. Good Luck Dave show em what ye made of.
snow report
3 Brits in tomorrows race, so hopefully we will get some good results.

Should be ok to watch some of the morning run, with my new ski racers Very Happy, and will try and get back for the afternoon 2nd run.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy