Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

downhill touring boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking for a touring boot that is downhill oriented to match up with volkl mantra/marker duke combination

moving back from 10 years on telemarks and spend 70% of time off-piste - touring would mostly be in-resort so prob not the most important aspect

thinking garmont endorphin but suggestions welcome, please
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PM JT - he uses Endos on a similar set up and will have a view.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm on Scarpa Typhoons. Needed a bit of work to fit my foot size, but now fine. (Masses of space around the ankle).

About the same stiffness as my previous alpine boots (Atomic R9 I think).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Black diamond factors.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjmlee,

Comparison list here, fit is the most important factor. I'd suggest trying on various boots for your required stiffness to see which fit best.

http://www.telemarkski.com/html/how_at_compare_boot.html
(ignore price column as they are generally lower outside the US)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 4-02-09 8:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks

any one got much experience of black diamond boots? factors sound interesting choice

also any advice to best place to try touring boots in London area would be v handy pls
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjmlee,

I use Endos with Dukes and I'd say the Duke is a alpine binding with uphill capability. It isn't the lightest binding but is great alpine which is the correct bias for me but if you don't intend to go too far too often, then it fits the bill very well, IMO.
The Endo's have the G-fit which saves a degree of weight so a win-win there, IMV. The flex is pretty good..around 100-110 when the booster and carbon backplane kick in... I have heard it quoted at 90..but I just don't gte that at all...

I can't comment on the other boots but I think Endo/Duke on a wide ski is a very good set-up unless you intend to do lots of uphill.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
no - sounds good to me - just need to check the fit then!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crispi diablo freeride, pretty stiff, i dont too big time touring and definite emphasis on downhill, find them great. the newer what i'll call "hybrid" boots may be even better for these kind of requirements though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy