Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Snowboard Setup Advice please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just about to buy my first snowboard setup. After years of skiing wanting to learn to board but never having the balls to go through the learning curve all again, this year I have the chance to learn with other novices.

I have in mind two setups which I'd like your advice on, Pros & Cons etc.

1a) K2 Brigade Snowboard
1b) K2 Sonic Bindings
1c) K2 Pulse Boot

2a) Burton Bullet Snowboard
2b) Burton Freestyle Bindings
3c) Burton Tribute Boot (As I'll be trying these on in-store, I may upgrade if needed)

The First setup would be purchased on-line at a cost of £315.

The second setup would be purchased at snow & rock for a cost of around £400 [£430 if upgraded boots]. (with free £40 Voucher to spend in store, this would buy a snowboard bag or go towards a helmet)

Would appreciate your advice on this one need to get it sorted before I go away at the end of the month.
If you have any other ideas for setups in this price range, I'm all ears!

Cheers

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geo, You'd be better off posting this in the snowboard section.

Re boards/suppliers where do you live ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will someone move this to the Snowboard section? or do I make a double post?

I'm in Bristol.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like you haven't started yet geo......? Why buy a set-up now? You might hate it. Did you buy a full ski set-up before learning that?
Have a few lessons, if you like it buy boots, and go on from there, but I wouldn't advise any beginner to buy all that stuff for their first week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy