Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who went skiing today??!! (in England!)

Poster: A snowHead
Typical! Been shivering away at work all week and now it's the weekend the snow has all but gone. Just my luck...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swindon..are you allowed to ski on footpaths?

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a wicked afternoon at Bradgate Park near Leicester. Snow was a bit thin in places because of sledders but aside from that, there was loads of slushy powder that was brilliant. Had a little log rail to session and a run of about 500m in total. The walk back up killed me but it was worth it.

Also met a guy who knows someone I know proving that it's a very small world....

Oh, and on heading back to the car there was a news film crew doing some VT about the snow and I promptly stacked it just yards from them!!! Typical - my only shot at fame and I go and stack it on a 1º degree slope!!!! Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Question;

If a road is closed off to traffic by the police then can it be used by the general public for skiing/boarding wiithout causing an offence?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict, And not a Russian ogliarch in sight Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Finally managed to get an hour in this afternoon on the field next to the house.

Still nice and deep here, but too many molehills were making it a little tricky.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skied today in Northern Ireland. Total of 10 miles and roughly 800m vertical. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney wrote:
Finally managed to get an hour in this afternoon on the field next to the house.

Still nice and deep here, but too many molehills were making it a little tricky.

You can get Molehill training y'know!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiied last Monday in a mate's (flat!) paddock - had to improvise with my 4x4 and a tow rope . . . . hopefully photos to follow!

Great fun Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yad Moss - 3 hours of fun, broken lift an issue, but worth thr trip....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman wrote:
Had a wicked afternoon at Bradgate Park near Leicester. Snow was a bit thin in places because of sledders but aside from that, there was loads of slushy powder that was brilliant. Smile

Tuesday might be good at Bradgate park if the predicted snow happens and if it does then i'm riding it on my Coda board.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2226/2146186616_685ae1794c_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3495/3265630209_2c10601b58_m.jpg

http://codaboards.com/

snowHead

Rob

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 9-02-09 10:46; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just typical. Lovely snow all week whilst I'm stuck at work, which disappears at the weekend when I have some time off. Then, oh look, back at work tomorrow morning and it's started snowing again. Just my luck...

Not that I own my own skis any more anyway but I could have tried to borrow some if the weather didn't hate me so much...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia,

I've got a spare set of (166cm Salomon 'Scrambler Hots' which are 50/50 type) skis
that i could lend you c/w a lift up north & back one w/e and as i live in Loughborough then collecting you en route would not be out of my way so let me know if you are up for it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2307/1857937849_efc49fc3e7_m.jpg

Rob

snowHead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 10-02-09 2:28; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sledged Friday, then went on Dartmoor on Sat and Sun, walking. Dartmoor by Belstone would have been amazing for ski touring - waist deep in places, consistently better than knee deep.

Snowshoes would have been better than walking boots/wellies.

Ski trousers and jackets aren't great at keeping rain out!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Box Hill was quite good over the weekend.

500m run possible

but quite busy

on the other side of the hill, not a soul in sight, peace and quiet....until the Explosivs arrive
ski holidays
Already posted this in the snowboarding section so apologies to those who've seen it - but if you didn't here's some snowboarding in Leicestershire last Monday....

http://youtube.com/v/DsNTMLNPz1s
snow conditions
Looks like the rain has killed off skiing at Bradgate park(Leicestershire) for Tomorrow Crying or Very sad
snow report
cc_7up, Bad luck but you're not far from me and its bucketing down here. You never know.
latest report
Up date on Beacon Hill nearLoughborough at 09:00 hours today

I went up there this morning to check it out and found that the Hill including the upper car park has had 3" of Fresh last night on top of the 5" of base and all the 'pistes' are looking in good shape for skiing all the way down to the lower car park which is not too bad at all for Leicestershire.

So if you can get here before it melts you will grab some 1/2 mile action. Madeye-Smiley

I reckon the best solution seeing as there isn't a chairlift back up to the top is to bring along someone who won't be skiing but will be dropping you off at the upper car park entrance and then waiting to pick you up at the lower car park entrance and then repeating the cycle so you get maximum skiing time plus a no queue uplift, with minimum walking and no car park charges. Cool

Probably have to bribe or blackmail someone to do it though.

snowHead

Rob

btw, there is 8" of snow in the upper car park so don't drive in unless you have 4wd or you will get stuck.
snow conditions
Not this time but have done quite a few times in the past on my XC skis. XC skis only need a couple on inches of snow to work well so can get more UK use than alpine gear Smile
snow report
Just come back from Ely in Cambs and near the junction with the M1, the area around the A14 is chocka with snow in the fields. It's especially thick on the 'slopes' around the McDonalds near Kettering. Didn't stop to take a closer look but there are a few lay-bys and there are acres of snow-covered slopes. It may be a bit slushy but if the temps stay low overnight, at least there's a last-gasp area to get your fix Smile
ski holidays
Fishwins, good shots - did you do the steep left side going down to the Burford Bridge? I couldn't see if there was much snow on it from your photos.
latest report
easiski, Snow was pretty bare on that side - taken off by the tobacconists - I hate to say their real names - they are not real snow lovers

Further desecration of the slopes can be seen below:

wink
ski holidays
There are, despite a code of practise for all piste users still countless accidents happening in organized ski resorts.
How many people lately have been 'taken out' by others riding all types of contraptions that will slide on snow on a public park slope that basically is a free for all to enjoy. I bet there have been a few inter snow slider scrapes and bumps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy