Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier to Les Gets - How?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm doing a 2 week trip in March: a week in Verbier followed by a week in Les Gets. I'm flying into and out of Geneva. On the middle Saturday I'll be moving from Verbier to Les Gets and was wondering about the best way to do the move without a car.

My first thought was to use the Swiss Transfer Ticket to do Geneva - Verbier return. That gets me back to Geneva mid-morning on the Saturday and I could then bus it to Les Gets. However, this immediately looked like a lot more distance than was really required and I started to wonder about shorter routes, e.g. via Thonon-les-Bains. The obvious issue with these alternatives is finding transport for a decent price, i.e. not a taxi.

Then last night I got chatting to a friend who pointed out that Verbier and the Swiss bits of the Porte du Soleil aren't that far apart. Why not get to somewhere like Champery and ski across? Great idea, but I'm going to have too much luggage to carry while I'm skiing (including a second pair of skis).

So;

1. Does anyone know a viable way to get my kit delivered from Verbier to Les Gets? (I love the ski across idea and would really like to do it if possible.)
2. Does anyone know of a transfer company that could get me from Verbier to Les Gets direct? (I'm prepared to pay well for something that saves me time and gets me more skiing on the Saturday.)
3. Does any one have any other (practical) suggestions for how to do the trip?

Hope someone can help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
people fairly frequently seem to ski across les arcs / la plagne on a weekend with luggage..most times the lifties have been pretty happy to just load a spare ski bag onto a chair behind (but you wont win any friends at peak times..)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RobMcQ, you can get youself to Chamonix/St Gervais quite easily by train from Verbier (although it takes time) - taxi from St Gervais to Les Gets?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobMcQ, personally I think you're unlikely to find an affordable option that doesn't involve Geneva airport. Getting a spare place on a transfer at a convenient(ish) time is likely to be your best bet.

Alternatively, travel to Geneva airport on Friday night and stay at a cheap hotel near the airport and get a transfer or the bus first thing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bus to Gveneva and then another bus to Les Gets Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FlyingStantoni, Hadn't thought of travelling Friday night to Geneva to get an early start Saturday. I'll look into that. It does look increasingly like the route via Geneva is the best bet.

under a new name, I've been looking at a couple of train options but most seem to take an age.

bertie bassett, Just not sure about the practicalities of that much gear. I think I'd end up hating the skiing because of the baggage, which would rather defeat the purpose. Nice to know that it's probably possible in principal though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Train Martigny- St Gervais, change train to Cluses, bus to Les Gets. If you feel up to it stop at Vallorcine or Argentiere & get a day's skiing in en route
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RobMcQ, 4h14 verbier to cluses. No idea on the cluses bus but hadn't thought of that. That's seems OK to me as verbier-geneva is going to be about 2.5 hours and geneva-les gets about 1.5 hours (assuming bus speed and saturday traffic). FBs fine idea of skiing vallorcine would break your journey.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobMcQ, If you get yourself booked to Geneva airport, let me know what time you will be there and we can find you a seat on a shared bus with one of the chalet companies.
E-mail me at apexgroup@free.fr. if you want me to sort this.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, under a new name, The day in Vallorcine sounds like a great idea. Will take a look to see how it works out.

DallyPaul, Thanks. I'll keep looking around for good routes but will get back to you if I end up going through Geneva.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do the Martigny - St Gervais trains run if the Col de Montets is closed?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, uh, dunno. I would like to think so...I'm going to hazard a guess that the avalanchy bits are through tunnels...??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy