Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London snow report 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
Light flurries of large snow flakes at the moment in central London (zone 1) snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and in Essex about an hour ago, but it's glorious sunshine now
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads coming down now! The park is completely blanketed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
about 5mm in West London
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
about 5-10cm in sutton/surrey borders
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The MiL says there is a couple of inches in Croydon
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
About an inch and a half in Richmond. If the transport system's messed up tomorrow and people can't get into work anyone fancy hitting Richmond Park for some first descents? Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sky news just saying M20 is closed in Kent.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Sky news just saying M20 is closed in Kent.

That correct but it's due to an earlier accident! Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
2-3cms of powder in essex now Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
only about 1mm so far in South Bucks and it's stopped Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2mm in Manchester Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Box Hill near Dorking first tracks at 8am. Grassy slope so dont need a deep base to cover the rocks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Light dusting,here in the Midlands,which has now frozen solid on my path...treacherous Skullie
Now wondering if it will dump overnight,and we'll wake up to a powder day Toofy Grin
Kids getting a tad excited at the prospect of a day off school?No such luck for me....I work at a public school,and they never close Evil or Very Mad
Every prospect I shall spend most of the morning telling the little darlings to be careful....or daddy will most likely sue us rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's a decent looking blanket on the ground now (inch or two) in east london , and it's still falling...trying to work out if I can make it over to Greenwich park before work Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
in Acton is more than 10 sm and keep coming down. hope for 20sm in the morning.
snow conditions
M25 S very entertaining. Merc and BMW drivers demonstrating their superior driving skills by doughnutting into central reservation.
ski holidays
update

15 cm in finsbury sqaure in the city `at 5:00 am

no buses ( not allowed out to play !!)
there was 20cm in cheshunt this morning at 3:00 am

and it still coming down

you wait until the day after tomorrow ( hey - that would be a great title for a film about the snow )

I hope i can get home so i can get the sledge & 4x4 out !!!!!
snow conditions
about 15 cm here in west london. Drove up the road skidded a few times and turned back ...no work today!!

going to get skiis out and find a hill snowHead
snow conditions
anyone from west london around acton up for skiing and with a place in 4x4 . im skiping work today and need transport to greenwich.
ski holidays
Snow report from my garden in SW London:

Girlfriend's school is shut, and not much traffic around the streets of Hampton so she's having a day at home to update school website.

Meanwhile, no fresh snow in Les Arcs but very high winds. Not nice Sad
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Girlfriend's school is shut...

I can almost hear duelling banjos Shocked snowHead wink
snow report

my garden snowHead

my car getting buried!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 2-02-09 9:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Red Leon, ding-ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding-ding-ding Laughing

22cm here in central London

Some more pics, taken on the walk into work (which took two bloody hours!)

(Edited to add more pics)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 2-02-09 15:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Zero-G,

Wow!!!!!!!! snowHead
snow report
coooool. keep the pics coming Very Happy

would be nice to see some pics of famous landmarks in snowy goodness if anyone can be bothered going out on a wee adventure Puzzled
snow conditions
10-15 cm here in North Yorkshire. It added 9 minutes onto my 20 minute drive to work Laughing

Shandies rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes wink Laughing
ski holidays
Getting snowed in!

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
daveqpr, WOW! here's my local pics:

enjoy!
ski holidays
any one know of any decent hills to the west of london? I just got skiis and boots out of loft!
ski holidays
sherlock235,

wow Too!!!
ski holidays
Just said on the news that all London Busses are being withdrawn from the roads as its so dangerous in the snow!
ski holidays

anyone hire skis surrey way?
snow conditions
I'm going to the park to practise my ollies!!! Wheeeeeeeee.......
snow conditions
Loads and still coming in Tunbridge Wells... Man, how much do I want to be skiing now... Just the 33 days to go! ...
ski holidays
Got some nice powder lines in Oakhill Park, Barnet this morning... glades, bench jibbing, some nasty crevasses and dogwalkers to navigate around Razz
snow conditions
Canary Wharf.. time 12.26 pm.. i have been here for 5 hours now.. we still have fresh water but im not sure how long the food will last.. natch the grad trainees will get eaten first.. the tube system has shut down so i assume its snowing underground as well.. word has reached me that my daughters school is shut in case one of the little darling slips n falls over.. ahhh ... at approx 1 pm i shall attempt to make it to the fenchurch street line in a vain hops that one of those 200 ton train things can battle through the 5 inches of snow and the occasional 6 inch snow drift.. hopefully the man at the station will have cleared the snow off the platform if he has finished his morning cup of tea .. i have turned the telly off as listening to some reporter standing by the side of a motorway completly buried under a whole inch of slush saying, wrap up warm and bring a shovel and a suitcase full of mars bars if you venture past the end of your road, is starting to drive me mad..
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON,

Good luck Laughing
snow report
2 inches and still falling here in Swindon, hasn't stopped all morning. I have the sledges out for the kids and am gonna chuck my blades on for a rip down he hill near me later. Although I am really starting to worry that I may not be able to make my ski trip to PDS tomorrow because of snow HERE keeping me on the ground! come on Bristol airport keep them planes in the air! So far so good.

Shocked
snow conditions
camden's closed parks for health and safety reasons. Safer for the kids to play in the roads among the chelsea tractors?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy