Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

name me 5 boards that are good.

Poster: A snowHead
Let you off then. You are on a bit of a role with the injuries this season!

Back on topic, until they bring out a radical new ladies board I am sticking to my Rome blue. Got any hot tips for me for next season?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, you were quicker off the mark than me. Great minds and all that... Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rockers, the difference is unbelievable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonny luv plums, all very well being generic about the new buzz word... what is good on the female front - give me brands !!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny luv plums, DebbiDoesSnow, yeah, me too. after a decent intermediate ladies board and all the reviews just say that they're all good. i need more than that reviewers!!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
salomon ivy or feelgood ES

Happy now NehNeh
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NehNeh yes, thank you! but i would like to read a proper review at some point. can you please ask your female colleagues to write something more than just "it's good" for this year's board reviews please?

something along the lines of "i think it's really good for..." or "best board i've ridden in the test"? most of the reviews last year failed to say what the testers actually thought of the boards they tested.

and if they said more than "it's good", spouted stuff along the same lines as what the marketing department of the board companies had written about the boards. rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ok, nitro fate - shite, palmer liberty - bit shite. I can only go on what sells the most after testing seeing as its pointless me riding a girls board and I dont know any girls who ride womens boards, feelgoods sold out 1st, ivy has one left in some nonsense size like 146.
Girls only buy a board because of the picture anyway Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
...Girls only buy a board because of the picture anyway Laughing

yeah you're right. as long as it has a bit of pink fluffiness about it. and then all we do is sit around chatting about knitting and kittens and drinking vin chaud. afterall, we've just spent £300 on a bit of pinkness.... rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
was a joke btw. But sadly true for most of the sales I saw this year. I've seen a girl buy a misfit, untested and sold solely on the graphic. Buying without testing is imo wrong.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shocked i thought you were serious...?! Laughing i agree. which is why i read the reviews first lol. i would test the boards i'm interested in based on those reviews, but i can't find a dealer which is close to an indoor slope and that stays open long enough for me to test them after work. rolling eyes all conspiring to stop me from buying a new board, i tells ya!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I read the reviews before choosing my Rome, was made up when I saw it was mainly pink Razz double bonus
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My wife has got the Feelgood Es (last years model) she aint got a bad word to say about it, i know it sounds crazy but as soon as she got this board she seemed to 'click' her boarding has come on leaps and bounds!! she's got the 145 its light as hell got a fast base stainless steel edges blah blah, she aint ventured onto kickers or anything so cant comment on how much pop this things got but judgeing by everything else i rekon it'l hold its own....... ta da Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
romeowner, thanks! that's the kind of feedback i'm after. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sherlock235, your welcome!!!
ski holidays
ive tried this seasons Bataleon Goliath
didnt like it on turning due to the bevelled edge(3 degrees i think)
stable in a straight line
snow conditions
sherlock235, Try the k2 lunar my wife rides a 2008 model. light as a feather goes anywhere park, freeride moguls hard piste no problem. One degree bevelled edge. turns easily and quickly. an awesome board she tells me Madeye-Smiley
snow report
if anyone is interested this is what I ordered for 2010 in most sizes, thanks for the inputz

Burton Custom V rocker
Burton Feelgood V rocker
Burton Hero
Burton Feather (for the beginnerz girlz innit)
Salomon Ivy
Salomon Answer
Salomon Sick Stick
Ride DH
Ride DH2
Ride Yukon
Ride Promise
Ride Fever
And a custom V and salomon acid for myself. Very Happy
Libtech is out seeing as they are a nightmare to deal with despite me loving to have their boards Sad
snow report
No Renntiger? Is Wengen no longer in a German speaking part of CH? wink
ski holidays
fatbob, to be honest it seems like wengen isnt even outside of the UK at the moment Sad
ski holidays
Burton, Ride, etc,etc
1- COILER
2- PRIOR
3- KESSLER(if you can make contact)
4 SG
5 OXCESS
For the same price of top end Burton's, Lib tech's you could have a custom board built for you. De-cambered nose, de-cambered tail, full rocker, clothoid sidecut, swallow tail, even your own graphics, but seriously you can, epecially with 1 and 2.
snow report
K2 Zeppelin
Burton Custom X
Burton Vapour (Light and fast)
K2 Believer (So Light)
Rome Anthem.

Budget wise
K2 Believer
Icon Wallpaper
Rome Solution
2005 Ride Havoc
Burton Air

I would absolutely love to try the Burton Fish on deep powder too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy