Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally had my boots fitted today...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heat-moulded and new custom-fit footbeds. How nice it feels to put your feet into warm boots. Wish I could do that every day on my forthcoming ski trip... Very Happy

Anyway, after conversing with CEM and others on here I was concerned my boots were too big, so I mentioned this to the bootfitter and he kindly measured my feet (poor chap!). I am indeed a UK8 EUR42 and he said my mondo 27 Nordica boots could probably have done with being a size smaller, but he understood my concerns about having cramped feet. He would have recommended a ladies Atomic boot size 26 as it is a better shape for my narrow feet and large calves, but hey, that's too late now. Apparently the important thing is to ensure the boots are fastened as tightly as is comfortable to ensure my heel doesn't lift. I don't remember this ever happening in my old boots (also Nordica size 27) and I have very little feeling in my feet/legs but I guess I just have to see how I go...

The good bit is my boots feel extra comfy and cosy now and I'm only £35 lighter. Result... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, sounds like a good result Smile

Where did you get them fitted ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, hope it works out well for ya.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bones, at Sportability in Chesterfield. Another snowHead recommended them to me. Sadly our friend CEM at Bicester is just a bit too far away for me...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, You can have lovely warm boots every day on holiday, get yourself a thermic boot drier and leave it in your boots overnight. I've got one - lovely toasty boots every morning. I find if you start off with warm feet it makes a huge difference to staying warm all day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, did he tell you how to buckle up your boots to ensure that your heel stays back?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, yes he did. Although he made it look too easy. Trying to fasten them by myself at home is proving trickier. I need some more practice I think. My old boots were very old (rear fastening) so all these buckles are a bit new to me. He did suggest I wear them about the house a bit to get more used to them and bring them back if I encounter any discomfort. Obviously the best thing to do would be to ski with them. But I don't think I have time or money to manage a trip to Tamworth before my holiday...

Apparently the boots have 'adjustable canting', I have no idea what this means and whether I'll need it. Can anyone enlighten me...?

Megamum, how much do these boot dryers cost? I looked on Two Seasons website but couldn't seem to find them. Sounds like a great invention. There's nothing worse than putting on cold wet boots in the morning...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

He did suggest I wear them about the house a bit

a very good idea - and will get you in the mood for your holidays! Your bootfitter would presumably have told you if you boots needed to be canted (as my OH's do, so that the cuffs lean outward a bit to accommodate his bandy legs. wink ).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, There are loads of places that sell them there iare two boot driers on this page the thermic is the second one

http://www.beansonline.co.uk/acatalog/BeansOnline_Footwear_134.html

not ultra cheap at £44 - you might save a fiver by shopping round on line, but vs. a week of putting on cold boots worth every penny, mine dries and warms at the same time and folds up compact to transport.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia wrote:
Heat-moulded and new custom-fit footbeds. How nice it feels to put your feet into warm boots. Wish I could do that every day on my forthcoming ski trip... Very Happy

you can - Heatronics, CEM fitted mine Little Angel

http://www.bobbysbest.com/hotronic-power-plus-m3-ski-boot-foot-warmers.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, the canting adjuster is used to align the cuff of your boot to your lower leg.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia wrote:

Apparently the boots have 'adjustable canting', I have no idea what this means and whether I'll need it. Can anyone enlighten me...?

this is something your fitter should have done as standard it is used to match the lower leg to the cuff of the boot, not to force the lower leg onot one side or the other, ideally needs an assistant to adjust properly
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Canting wasn't mentioned so I'm guessing my boots are OK as is...

Bit hot wearing them round the house and the clompy footsteps are scaring the cat. Snigger... Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy