Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine hotel advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Morzine and Les Carroz with my brother in law early March. Sorted for Les Carroz but looking for a Morzine hotel.

Key point for us is to be as near lifts as possible - doesn't have to be super swish.

I've found the Hotel L'Aubergade - has anyone stayed there/got any horror stories/endorsements?

cheers all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not stay at a catered chalet? Usually better value and there is a great selection in Morzine from cheap and cheerful to swish and swanky. A good starting point would be www.morzine-ski-chalets.com its an independent site that lists lots of chalets in that area. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just been to the Grand Tetras.

The room we had was great - separate bedrooms (way more space than I've ever had in the Alps), good food & fantastic views. The manager is called Cyril & he is v friendly & speaks good English. All the others in the hotel were repeat bookers.

It isn't that close to the lifts - down a path with handrails, then 1min downhill on road, then it is a fairly easy 5 min walk (or 1 stop on the bus - on its way to Ardent) to Supermorzine via the footbridge.

Access to Morzine & Les Gets is the same 1 min walk then across the Town Hall square - where 4 buses stop. 2 go to Pleney, 1 to Nyon & 1 to Prodains & they are always v regular. Walking to Pleney is < 10 mins but inevitably a bus is quicker.

If not in ski school, Nyon is IMO a better access point to the skiing in Morzine anyway, certainly quieter when I went that way. If skiing Morzine/Les Gets I just got on whichever came 1st.

Being near the Mairie means that staggering back from Bar Robinson with skis isn't too bad even after 3 Mutzigs!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
northernsoulboy, Igloo is good and inexpensive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. We've actually booked into Hotel L'Aubergade now. It is described as being 30m from the nearest lift, 200m to bars and twin rooms are 72 euros pp pn which gets you bed, breakfast and evening meal. It sounds a little bit too good to be true, so for those interested I'll report back in March.

To the person who suggested chalets, thanks but we're doing a two centre week, going to Les Carroz for the latter half so hotels are a better bet.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy