Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSM to Arc 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning on making an independent trip to leas arcs on the 12 March.
We will be travelling on the overnight "snow train" from calais.
Can anyone advise on what the transfer situation is to resort from BSM ?
Should we pre book a private transfer ? (I have been quoted £90 return)
Is there a bus service ?
Are local taxi's an option ?
Any help would be appreciated as i have always done the "charter" all in tours
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Totally unrelated, but have you been before? and where are you staying? We're booked in to the Tournavelles and I was just wondering what we've let ourselves in for as we only had scant information before booking.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A private transfer from BSM to Arc 1800 costs £90? Sounds excessive to me as it is such a short journey - I would have thought that getting a taxi would have been cheaper. I'm sure that PG will be able to advise on local taxi firms to use (he lives in BSM).

It's possible to do the journey for free if you don't mind lugging all your suitcases, ski bags, etc. BSM train station is a short walk from the Funicular station which takes you up to Arc 1600 (free to Les Arcs lift pass holders) then take the free inter-resort bus from 1600 to 1800, then a short walk to your apartment. I wouldn't fancy this option if I had loads of kit with me, but it can be done.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think there's a public bus from the BSM station up to the various Arcs stations - there was the last time I was there.

Rob's suggestion is the one we used last time, but we were staying in 1600. As he says, it's a bit of schlepp transferring heavy bags to the funi station.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From BSM station you can get straight to Arc 1650 by the funicular. There are ski-bus links between the resorts at Les Arcs. No way should you pay £90. I'm sure PG will advise you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dc1o, always lots of taxis at BSM station, contact the local Tourist office for costs. You can even wait until you arrive it's just across the road from the station.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks alot.
It seems as though the "private transfer" will be knocked back in favour of bus or local taxi firm.
Cheers
Darren

P.S
We have a choice of staying in 1950 "HMC" apartment or 1800 residence charmettoger.
Only ever skied one day in les arcs last year via the new link (which was great by the way)
Any info on the above places to stay as I'm not sure what is the best option ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG would advise best but was there last year so can comment. 1800 is the biggest resort with the most shops, pubs etc, also has wonderful views back down to BSM. 1950 is brand new and much smaller and quieter, although 2000 is very close (although I don't think it is that lively either). I think it is costly enough to travel between 1950 and 1800 after the free bus stops. I found the 1800 accommodation compact and 1950 should be more comfortable. From a snow point of view they are both good, although 1800 is closer to La Plagne connector (probably won't have time if going for one week to use this anyway). Is there much of a price difference between the 2 places?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
about £200 all in with 1950 being the more expensive option.
1 problem with the residence charmettoger is the lack of left luggage space and not being able to get in the apartment til the usual 5pm.
So I have been told by the agent ???
Although I have in the meantime managed to find what looks like a great privately owned 3 roomed apartment in 1800 for £650.
Which will be available from the moment we arrive in resort until we finish skiing the next week before heading to BSM for the return train.

thanks for the reply
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy