Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any snow reports on the Pyrenees?, I'm especially interested in the Pyrenees-Orientales as I'm going to Font Romeu next thursday for a couple of days Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure on FR however here in the Central Pyrenees there are great snow depths at the base in all resorts and lots of powder to play in off piste after this weekends storms.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The piste report here at the Tourmalet resort (largest ski area in the French Pyrenees www.tourmalet.fr) has announced a snow thickness of 2m! We have up to 1m of new snow last week and the conditions are fabulous - probably similar in the Eastern Pyrenees.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
About 80% of the lifts are currently open in FR.

Snowdepths are roughly double the longterm average.

Temps are a little high today.

But conditions overall remain good.

FR are having an above-average season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies, looking forward to a long weekend there next week Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountainbug, do you know when Bareges is scheduled to stay open till this season? Had a weekend there a few years ago in April and half of the slopes were grass but on the other side there was loads to do especially if you were prepared to hike a bit, for me one of the most underrated resorts around, great place.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big storms are forecasted for eastern Pyrenées since tomorrow....We will keep you updated
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The resort is due to close 5pm on the 19th April. We have never known it shut early, although admittedly in April 2006 there was a fair bit of grass about at the very end of the season. The last two years we had epic snowfalls in mid to late-March, and the resort still closed on the scheduled date despite all of the runs still being thick with snow. Likewise, in 2004 it snowed most of the way through April, and in 2005 we had 80cm of new snow on the last day of the season. Gutted!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountainbug wrote:
The last two years we had epic snowfalls in mid to late-March, and the resort still closed on the scheduled date despite all of the runs still being thick with snow. Likewise, in 2004 it snowed most of the way through April, and in 2005 we had 80cm of new snow on the last day of the season. Gutted!

This is one of the most frustrating things about mountain life - like you, our resorts were closed with masses of fresh snow still covering not only the higher areas of the resort but also the lower slopes. As a councillor here and a member of the resorts management committee I keep on pushing to introduce flexibility into the closure date but to no avail. Maybe I am selfish and of course self interest plays a part but when we are so close to the 4th largest city in France you would think there would be a financial incentive to stay open.

Anyway lets hope Feb and March end up being as fantastic as last year - tons of snow now so the peak weeks are going to be busy.

I feel sorry for the uninitiated that think the only skiing in the Pyrenees is Andorra - if only they knew!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been checking the meteo and webcams for Font Romeu, looks beautifully white can't wait for this weekend. although skiing is limited in that area, there are 6 ski stations that all offer a good days skiing within driving
distance of each other, you can buy a pass which covers you for all the areas, although they're not linked by a ski lift system with a car you can expore an area a day, the beauty of it all is that it's not crowded, no queues. Whilst I
love the Alps with a passion, for a cheap, queue free break this area is great.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a long weekend in Font Romeur in 2005, I really enjoyed it, nice little resort.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy