Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salt lake City & environs, Utah.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many thanks to admin who's been posting the snow reports I've sent him over the past few days, now I've remembered my password as I've meneged to "borrow" a laptop before hitting the beers for once. anyway, onto the report

Today can be summed up in these words: "Dear god, will the snow never stop?"

We drove up to Alta today, or at least some of us did: from the group of 16, 3 are on boards so they had to choose different resort as they're not allowed at Alta. They chose snowbird, the neighbouring resort, so a couple of skiiers chose to join them

as we left, it was overcast but clear. By the time we got up to head of the valley, the snow was falling thick and fast. The wind had got up and the temperaturre had dropped, meaning the falling snow was hampering visibility, and it was COLD witha capital C. Quite a few pisets has been scoured clean by the wind, but that just meant large piles of fluffy soft powder had collected in places protected from the wind - like the trees. Great fun to be had if you were prepared to suffer the trials of the strong winds, and we did - all day long. The chaps at snowbird reported very similar conditions to be had there, with the best snow found when the Tram finally opened at 3.15pm. Not sure where we're going tomorrow but Powder Mountain is a distinct possibility. will drop in with another report as soon as I can

*editred to change title*
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went up to Brighton today after some time off to look after Mrs NBT who's poorly. Hit the slopes around 11.30 and skiied straight through till 4pm before shooting home. There's been no new snow since wednesday, and it was showing as the off piste was pretty tracked out. However the condition of the snow is pretty impressive, it's soft and grippy and holding up pretty well both off piste and on piste, althought we did find several branches and rocks poking through in places. Some tiny pockets of very nice soft powder in the trees
and other shady locations if you were prepared to hike, but probably not enough to justify the traversing in the end. given the lovely sunshine (almost spring like conditions in january!), not a bad day's skiing at all.

I'll be staying home again tomorrow so next report in a couple of days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, Can you keep the snow going for the next 3 weeks please snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After another couple of days off looking after Mrs NBT, I had a quick blast around alta today. Although there's been no new snow, the snow is holding up really well, it's pretty hard packed but grippy, with plenty of soft stuff at the sides of the piste. If you're prepared to go looking, you can still find some good snow hidden here and there - not powder as it's all tracked out, but nice nonetheless. You can also find some horrible stuff if you make the same assumption as everyone else and end up doing "the run in shdow that no-one will have bothered with" only to find you're about the 1000th skiier through there and the moguls are the size of VW beetles. On that nore, I've noticed that the moguls here are larger than normal, maybe the lack of snowboarders mean they don't get scraped down and flattened as quickly? (Alta and nearby Deer Valley stll ban snow boarders)

Rumour has it there'll be snowfall tomorrow afternoon, if that happenes I'll try to get out for the last day, probably @ solitude, but we'll have to wait and see.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt,

Do you know if there is a place that sells discounted ALTA/Snowbird combination tickets? I know that the ski shops in Sandy will sell dicounted tickets for ALTA and Snowbird, but it's the combination one I'm looking for.

Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BTW, did you ever get up to Powder Mountain?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
altajoe, I think canyone sports do the combination ticket, but TBH either resort has more than enough terrain for a single day. I didn;t visit Powder Mountain as Mrs NBT was ill, but the guys went up the day after a dump of snow and really enjoyed it, the only did one lap on the cat ride though as it's quite a convoluted ride over various lifts and hikes to get from the end of lap 1 back to Lap 2

And here is a belated report for Friday: woke up on the final day to see a reported 2" of fresh snow, so decided to blag a half day once I'd got Mrs NBT sorted. As it tuned out that was easier than expected and so i was on the hill by 10.30, and it was at that point that I found out that it was 2" at 5am and it had been snowing continuously since then, so I arrived to find 6" to 8", with deeper drifts in places, and the snow was still falling. The early starters had been playing for some time so I joined them and we hit the pistes and played in the trees until lunch time. Some went off for lunch and some of us grabbed sandwiches / energy bars out of backpacks and dropped over into Honeycomb canyon, which provides a more back country experience as there's only one "trail" along the bottom of the valley, we droped in over the ridge line and skiied down the side of the bowl to join the trail out again. Lovely deep powder and nicely spaced trees, we just played in there all day, mainly on Queen Bess and Navarone. Overall the resort had well over a foot of fresh snow by the time we left at 4/30 on Friday: The report's taken so long because I had to pack / sleep / travel home, and this is the first time I've been at a computer. It was raining when we left the condo thought so that meant more fresh snow on Saturday. Today would be a good day to hit Powder Mountain!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks NBT. I'll look into Canyon Sports. While I'm aware that we can't ski all of ALTA/Snowbird in one day, with only one day available to us, the newbies will at least get to cruise around and get a look at them.

I arrived Sunday and will be heading out to PowMow in a few minutes. The mountain is reporting 8" overnight with breaks in the snow during the day. It's the same forecast all week. "Snow overnight" tapering off before noon. Whoooo Hoooo!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy