Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Corbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The daughter's off there on Sunday with her school chums. I've never heard of it, I'm afraid. Will she enjoy it? Yes she will, because she'll be with her mates, but will she enjoy the skiing? She's a strong skier, enjoys bumps and off piste (which she will almost certainly not be allowed to do).

She's rowing in Spain at the moment, alright for some, no?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richmond, I've been a few times, it has some long steepish runs from top to bottom, one that starts a s a blach if I remember and goes red then to blue. Bumps - may be a few around, its not thought of as an expert resort but there is plenty of off piste as usual if you know where to look (or if your allowed too of course).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To orientate you its about 40 minutes drive along the valley from Orelle which is the gondola that takes you up to Val Thorens, lots of locals/workers in Le Corbier and La Toussuire ski there on their day off. www.pistehors.com have a good write up on the resort which makes interesting reading. Nearish by is Val Cenis and the tour de france go through some of the cols in the summer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thansk Frosty. Not necessarily ideal for the daughter, but not too bad at all. The snow there seems remarkably good at present, but whether it'll hang around, who knows?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richmond, just come back from there a couple of weeks ago Very Happy . There was a good base of snow laid down from January, but the lack of snow during most of Feb meant what was there was pretty hard packed and icy in places. Resort runs were a bit bare in places by the end of the day so the beginners in our group were struggling a little. Lots of off piste areas that looked really tempting... until you tried them and rattled your teeth out as most were solid ice.

That said when we kept higher up out of resort the snow was in better condition - highly recommended heading over to St Sorlin and the highest part of the linked resorts at around 2600m. Great long runs down from there which we only found on our last day - thankfully a Saturday so it was empty and blue skies Very Happy

Looks like there's been the odd dusting of snow since we were there so things may have improved a bit (not that we didn't have a good week though).

I assume she will be going with Equity to the Mont Corbier (since they're the only British company to operate there). Very French resort, and aside from the 60 odd school kids were we sharing the hotel with (actually a pretty well behaved lot) I didn't hear any other English voices on the slopes all week. Also fairly quiet and don't remember queueing for any lifts.

If she wants bumps then I only came across one serious slope - very steep black, big moguls - down from L'Ouillon. Most other blacks and reds seemed to be pisted and fairly wide and motorway like.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Twiz
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Twizit, thanks. Mont Corbier it is; any good? She's off there today; on the web cam, the snow looks good and the place is empty, so she should have a decent enough time. Whatever, she'll spend a week nattering until her (and everyone else's) ears bleed, so she'll be happy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone in Le Corbier this season? We're heading there on Saturday. Any tips or must do pistes? Any quaint bars or Happy hour deals for âpre beer?

Thanks.

Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy