Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your favourite ever board?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Was just wondering what your favourite snowboards that you've ridden are? What boards would you like to see reviews for?

I've got a site WhichSnowboard.com which will hopefully end up having loads of reviews of boards on it - I made it after I was looking for a board myself and couldn't be sure if reviews were written by actual snowboarders or if they were written by the board shops that were selling them, plus I'm getting into web design and stuff so used this as a bit of a project. I thought it'd be good to have a site where people could go to see what other people thought of their board, before they got one.

I was just wondering which boards you guys would like to see first? I thought I'd ask the experts! I'm not adding the reviews myself because, obviously, I've not ridden all the boards - I'm hoping to get snowboarders to write about the ones they've got now, and what they think of them.

If any of you want to add a review of your snowboard or anything that you think might help other people get the right board then feel free to add your own!

Oh yeah, and at the moment I've set it so that you can rate the design, the ride and overall - do you reckon there's anything else that I should let people rate? Thanks for your help guys!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sensible reviews of women's boards would make a change.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think value for money is a key thing. I'd like to think all boarders buy on the merit of the board's performance (i.e. is it ppy for park work? Do it ride powder well?) but in reality, I think many of us (including myself) do look at price first and foremost, alongside design.

Lizzard, I'll get my missus to do a few words on her K2 Mix Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, I hadn't thought of women's boards or a section for price - I'll try adding them in
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My main problem is that I'm a tight Yorkshireman so I only ever have boards that are a season or two old because they're cheap!! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
they havent made my favorite board yet, but I'm still looking Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
whichsnowboard wrote:
Hi guys,

Was just wondering what your favourite snowboards that you've ridden are?

The one I'm riding in a couple of weeks time wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nitro Shogun 166.

Light, stiff, responsive, forgiveness when you need it, fast as a very fast thing.

They don't make it any more. [weeps]
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd like to see a review of the Nidecker Ultralight and Megalight. I'm very likely to buy an Ultralight this weekend, purely because the design work that has gone into it looks like it has been put there by boarders who want the same from a board as me. But I would love to read some real world reviews.

Price is of secondary importance, design and quality is far more important for me. But I would rather continue renting than spend £800 on the wrong board and bindings.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did you get your Ultralight in the end bar shaker? It looks ridiculously cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boards I own - Prior MFR.

Boards I'd like to try - would love a go on a Swellpanik swallowtail.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
whichsnowboard wrote:
Did you get your Ultralight in the end bar shaker? It looks ridiculously cool

Not yet but I did demo a 163 at MK on Sunday. This was an experience akin to test driving a Bugatti Veyron in a multi storey carpark.

I want to ride the 159 as I want to retain chuckability and feel at subsonic speed, but the Ultralight does live up to its reputation and the faster it goes (it wants to go fast all the time) the better it feels.

The only thing I didn''t like was that the top surface had gone milky on the demo unit and I would want to know that retail board would not do this.

Were there deals available, I may have just bagged the 159 there and then. Instead I will wait get one later in the season.

By the way, edge hold on ice blew away anything else I have ever ridden.

I loved the Triads it had on it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My fav board is the one I learnt on as whatever I threw at it, it would take!

It was a Winterstick Mirror 155!

Don't really think it's appropiate for your site as technology has moved onand doubt youd find one for love nor money! Still have it leaning against my wardrobe with a snapped tail from a front flip to slam in the Tamworth Snowdome!

Winterstick Mirror RIP 1997-2000! Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best board i've ever had was a 162cm K2 Wisdom back in 2000/01. Only problem was they made them so light the darn thing snapped in 7 weeks. K2 never honored the warrenty as i had not receipt even though the website said the can track the age of the baord through the serial.

The beauty still sits in a corner of my house and makes me sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
my favorite right now is my year old NeverSummer SL58.
it's a heavyweight 5 layers of glass and a layer of carbon.
handles everything but real deep pow.
ski holidays
I've still got my 6 year old NeverSummer premier.......faster then any of my mates new burtons (spits at ground) and is more stable at speed too. if you see a neversummer for sale outside of North America, I advise you buy it!! They are virtually indestructible (see 3snowboards post) and no silly graphics required.
I'm going to buy a new one online next year, as I just bought a new pair of skis and boots for this year.
ski holidays
AJ Watkins at maxtrack.com is the uk dealer for neversummer, tell him steve from switzerland sent you Wink
snow report
Thanks for the advice guys - is it ok if I take some of the reviews you guys have left in this thread and put them on Which Snowboard? Just to get the ball rolling on reviews being on there - I've not had much time to update it so far. Thanks for all the suggestions folks, really good of you
snow conditions
I've finally bought something.

In the end I got an 09 Burton Vapor with a pair of C02 EST bindings. I can't believe its a whole 4 weeks until La Plagne so may have to have a couple of trips up to MK.

Either way, I'll write a review when I have spent a bit of time on it.
snow report
nitro supernatural 160/61 i still have it great board, picks ups real quick and pops great
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
I've finally bought something.

In the end I got an 09 Burton Vapor with a pair of C02 EST bindings. I can't believe its a whole 4 weeks until La Plagne so may have to have a couple of trips up to MK.

Either way, I'll write a review when I have spent a bit of time on it.

Went for the cheap option then? That's got to be the best part of a grands worth of kit....Lordy! Very Happy
ski holidays
My old Timeless which is having its last hurrah this season. Still great in the powder but the edges have really gone now, the base is shot, and there's a massive dint in the nose from a tree. So long ol pal Crying or Very sad

Brevent Panorama
snow conditions
ronaldothefrog, the price from a sale that's about to start and a discount for SCUK members meant I got it, with a wheelie locker, for a very good price.

There were a few people offering good deals, when I rang & mailed around.
ski holidays
bar shaker, there's nothing quite as satisfying as a bargain is there?

firebug, that is a wicked picture!
ski holidays
geofferson wrote:
I've still got my 6 year old NeverSummer premier.......faster then any of my mates new burtons (spits at ground) and is more stable at speed too. if you see a neversummer for sale outside of North America, I advise you buy it!! They are virtually indestructible (see 3snowboards post) and no silly graphics required.
I'm going to buy a new one online next year, as I just bought a new pair of skis and boots for this year.

Nice - I've always wanted a Neversummer.

My good friends in Oregon are major stockists, drop em a line and tell em Henry sent ya Smile

http://www.daddiesboardshop.com/
snow report
Yep, love that picture. firebug, Is that in Cham? Top of Brevent?
latest report
ronaldothefrog, bar shaker, thanks! Yes...well, the bowl off the Cornu chair. That was a good day! Very Happy
latest report
firebug, excellent pic !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
firebug wrote:
ronaldothefrog, bar shaker, thanks! Yes...well, the bowl off the Cornu chair. That was a good day! Very Happy

I was there 4 weeks ago. It feels like a year ago. Just looked around your photo album. Awesome... and thanks for bringing back the memories.

Sorry, back to talk of our fave boards.
latest report
Best ever would be my K2 Star for allover mountain and my 1987 Guy Perillat Snow Crazy swallow tail for powder Toofy Grin

www.flying-planet.co.uk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy