Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Atraxion 6 feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife is looking at a pair of these. Are they suitable for an intermediate or are they expert only?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of K2 Burnin luvs but was forced to hire on my holiday at new year (long story). I ended up with a pair of Rossignol Attraxions. On the plus side they were light compared to my heavy k2's so much easier to carry around. On the negative side I didn't feel they gripped the slope as well as the K2's but maybe I am just used to heavy skis. I would not say they are advanced skis, more of an intermediate and probably a good ski for that level.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have some attraxion Vs (bought second hand for £100). I love them. I'm a competent skier but not an expert or particularly adventurous. I don't know how similar they are to the current Attraxion 6.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback. She has been used to rentals and is looking for a ski she can get used to and progress with. They sound ideal for that and I've also now found some very positive on-line reviews.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bar shaker, I'm also researching skis. I have about 15 weeks on snow but due to health and confidence issues my progess has not been what you might call speedy rolling eyes I'm pretty similar to pam w, competent, no expert and not adventurous. I've just got back from a long weekend in Morillon (which was excellent btw) where I hired some Attraxion 6's, I was really impressed with them, they felt stable at speed, were easy to turn, I didn't once feel that they were too advanced for me but I don't think I'd outgrow them in a hurry. I also tried some Movement Spicy's which I also like but at 163 at felt they were a little long for me, I'm after about 154. I did think they might be too advanced for me but I had no problem with them. On balance, given that I ski mainly on piste, I think I'd go for the Attraxions. In fact I'm just about to check out prices!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimum, Thanks for the review. S+R have them for £386 but will price match anyone's advertised price. These skis come with their own bindings, which makes them good value.

I'm told you may get a first service thrown in at S+R, if you haggle a bit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bar shaker, I'm in Essex as well and my nearest shop, Skee-tex, quoted me £359. I've bought a lot of equipment from them over the years and have always found their customer service very good. I'm going to order them today as they'll take about a week to arrive and I need them by half term. I've looked at so many reviews which, like you said, have been very positive and having tried the Attraxions I'm pretty confident that your wife won't be disappointed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks skimum,

Skee-tex are a good shop and that's a good price! My wife has ordered hers from S+R now, as we are going to MK this weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bar shaker, My wife has just bought the last years version ( £ 226) , this years version is just a different colour I think, she is an intermediate going on to advance skier. She found them really good on and off piste when in Verbier a couple of weeks ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy