Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Deals: What have you bagged this season?

Poster: A snowHead
James the Last wrote:
paul.kin wrote:
7 nights in banff for £451.50!

Sharing 4 to a room in 2 double beds if anything like the deals I've seen there...

Shocked

Did the same thing last season for £369.... 2 double beds, 2 people.... but I guess you would rather be in London! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lizski wrote:
Rickler, welcome to snowHead

If you are considering Kitz, have a look at Kirchberg. Same skiarea and access maybe even better. Much cheaper than Kitz, also on railline, we got shortish notice accommodation there.

Lizski

Thanks very much for the welcome and the tip, have found somewhere in Krichberg. I used this site which had different hotels available to the official tourist board ones or hotels.com etc.. in case anyone else is interested:

http://hotels.austria-bookings.com/country/at.html?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked during first week of December for Christmas in Hinterglemm through First Choice: 20th-27th December, HB ski-in,ski-out 4* hotel, flights & transfers - £395 p.p (brochure price £1019 pp!)

Unfortunately First Choice or the hotel ballsed up all their reservations for that week so we ended up in a different (still 4*) hotel further from the piste, which was a great shame as we had only booked due to it being on the piste.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
3* HB hotel + F & T to Folgarida on 21st March for £229 through Rocket Ski which I thought wasn't too bad a deal Cool snowHead Low season for ski passes then also, which is a bonus.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked a single male share this week with Ski Olympic for Reberty for 8th Feb for £395 and they dropped the Manchester supplement, quite chuffed. Now v.excited.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at the esprit website - i fyou can go tomorrow a family of 4 half board 4* hotel in Obergurgl for £500. What a shame we've only just come back.....don't think school would wear another week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowlamb wrote:
Have a look at the esprit website - i fyou can go tomorrow a family of 4 half board 4* hotel in Obergurgl for £500. What a shame we've only just come back.....don't think school would wear another week.

I know I had considered taking Hannah again, but the school thing and all the other associated costs with taking a kid, ski school, lunches, coco clubs and another lift pass put me off.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
7 nights Mayrhofen B+B and flights £250. From Birmingham too so should be able to blag a free ride to the airport Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2 x car fuel, 2 x eurotunnel, 2 x tolls, 2 apartments, 6 x lift pass, 6 x ski hire and food for 6 = £1700 total (£300 adult x 5 £200 child x 1) 14th March - not bad ay! Very Happy

Total price also includes 6 x flights @ £25 which we booked but have decided not to use!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from the Dolomites recently had a great time!! - need another snow fix - booked tonight with Inghams Livigno 7th March 1 week half board £240 - this will allow me to Ski In Zermatt in April. All in all quite a bargain Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbandit, I hate you! Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My girlfriend mailed me yesterday morning for some cheap looking deals to Tignes for this Saturday-was looking at £299 to some nice looking 4* chalets with skiworld but by the time you'd put various supplements on it came out at £760 for the 2 of us then found a deal with thomson for £264 each that didnt have much in the way of add ons by the time i got to the end of the booking screen-so decided to go for that but the site kept crashing on me so had to phone to try and make the booking.

By this time it was mid-afternoon and i'm so glad that i'd had so much trouble with the site as when i phoned thomson to try and get the internet price the guy there told me that they'd had a whole raft of new prices just come through and instead of £264 each it was now £149 each!! Thats flights from b-ham to chambery,transfers,half board plus a free bottle of wine with our evening meal-thats just fantastic value especially considering we are now coming into peak season.

We added on area lift passes for £182 each-so they've ended up costing us more than the holiday itself!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Atomic_Mick, now that's a deal!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Atomic_Mick, Yes seen that tonight. Lots of choice for chalets in France @£149 all in. Choice of Tignes, Val Thorens, La Plangne & even La Roz. How can I afford to not to go Puzzled I'm straining at the bit all that lovely snow. snowHead I would get back with 3 days to spare before my Canada trip. I am plucking up courage to run it by my dog, wife & kids. Blush
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Having been given roughly £300 of Thomas Cook travel vouchers for my 50th, I more or less had to go with one of that group.

I just booked 7 nights half board in a single room in the Blattlhof hotel, Ellmau with Neilson for £375 flying from Manchester on 21st March.

All excited now Smile
snow conditions
Nothing to do with them and a little sick becasue I booked at 395 but Ski Olympic now offering 295 for La Plagne and Reberty for this weekend. Took what I though was a good price and I'm still OK with that.
ski holidays
Quote:

I just booked 7 nights half board in a single room in the Blattlhof hotel, Ellmau with Neilson for £375 flying from Manchester on 21st March

That's quite cheap and if you're going on 21st March then that's not really even late.
Having had a tentative look around there seems to be a lot of availability and deals going even if you don't book at short notice for say this weekend-I've not looked at late deals before so I don't know if there are more deals going than usual-I think there is though!
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, It isn't as cheap as I have managed before (usually using TUI group companies), although I have always booked for January previously, which has a slightly lower brochure price - in this case the brochure price for 3rd or 10th Jan would have been £10 less than for 21st March.
snow conditions
alex_heney, still cheap for what you're getting though because it's a single room etc. Is it ensuite or do you share a bathroom?

Jan prices are good-I went 3rd-10th Jan and stayed in Meribel centre and that was cheap, I booked that months in advance though because they only had one single room in the whole chalet.

Why did you book it now out of interest and not wait until say mid to end of Feb to see what they had 21st March?
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, It is en-suite. the hotel is locally rated 4*, although Neilson have it as 3.

I bokoed now because that particular trip had been the same price for 14th or 21st, but had disappeared from the 14th listings, and the price for the trip using Gatwick had also just gone up by £43, so I was worried I might miss it altogether if I didn't book.

And I was really fancying that hotel and ski area Smile
ski holidays
alex_heney, good deal then.
ski holidays
bump
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy