Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Deals: What have you bagged this season?

Poster: A snowHead
I think I am one of the many people who are contemplating where I can afford to go skiing this year and will be leaving my booking as late as possible. (I'm also excited about choosing a place where the snow is rather than continually checking the forecast for nine weeks prior to departure)

I would like those of you who've already been or are about to go to let the rest of us know if you bagged a great deal.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PowderHunter, I bagged a 4 star chalet in Selva through lguski for 8th Feb with 20% off, 2 weeks later and 2 weeks before departure it's down another 20%, about £430 inc flights and transfers, catered.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bagged a 3-star chalet, full catered (by a chef who worked in a michelin-starred restaraunt), transfers and flights to Geneva with BA at the start of December for £340 - amazingly good... and I booked that way back in September!! It was under £300 with two weeks to go.

Going at the end of March, probably to France, definitely in a chalet, so will be keen to see what deals crop up at the end of Feb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Considering a 2nd trip.

Best I can come up with so far is a 3* in Passo Tonale. Hotel Orchidea. Been before and it is a good hotel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely, ski-to-your-door catered chalet in Norway (with outside hot tub!), flights with SAS, transfers and lift pass in for £450.

Weird thing is that we booked quite early (November I think). I guess that fact it was an off-peak early-January holiday helped (?)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
got back from la plagne at the weekend. paid £220 for HB at a 3-star hotel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Links for those of us still searching, anyone?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah where on earth are you finding these deals??
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FastEddie, http://www.igluski.com/searchresults a number of half price offers at the top for 8th feb
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got about a grand off an Esprit week to St Anton over Xmas for the family which was pretty good value I thought. Booked that only about 3 weeks before the trip but that's pretty usual for me.

That wasn't my most last minute one though, and take note all you people saying you can't afford a trip abroad, was up at Glencoe and Nevis this weekend, we made the decision to go on Thursday and only found accommodation (£28 for the night in a really nice B&B near the centre of Fort William) once we came off the slopes after the first day of skiing - beat that for last minute! Toofy Grin

Oh, and I should mention epic conditions in Scotland too - snow way better than St Anton at Xmas snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
and less than £350 inc 4 star catered from london http://www.igluski.com/searchresults
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The holiday I booked for end of March in Andorra has gone up 120 quid if you book now. I paid 460 quid for HB hotel incl lift pass.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked on Monday to go to Meribel with Ski Beat this Sat. Top company, nice chalets, we used them last year (on a deal). £300 off of list price.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
500 Euros for a weeks B&B in hotel near lift in LDA, lift pass and 6x2 hr lessons. Not quite such a good deal now as it was, due to the exchange rate changes but still pretty darned good.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
£215pp for 3* catered chalet inc flights & transfers to Canazei in Italian Dolomites, 3-10th Jan with Crystal, booked 2 weeks in advance on a late deal. £183 for the €207 DolomitiSuperski liftpass too. Had a great time. 6 out of the 9 rooms were booked late, as far as I could ascertain.
snow report
Timesonline is quoting a Crystal offer to Austria HB inc flights for £196 departing this weekend. Has to be a well below cost price effort to get a bum on a committed flight seat. Telegraph also does a good round-up of late ski deals each weekend which I presume goes online. Look out for deals on 21st March - seems to be universally quiet for Tour Operators.
snow conditions
Just booked for next week. These were the best deals I found.

http://www.skiactivity.com/late_deals.php and they offered me no single supplement.

Instead, rightly or wrongly (as a google suggested the former come in for some stick for poor service), I went with http://www.alpineaction.co.uk/special-offers.htm (again no single supplement) who are a bit more expensive but seem to offer rather more luxury. And I wish I hadn't looked as they're fractionally cheaper than they were yesterday afternoon (which was cheaper than yesterday morning).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 28-01-09 9:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Another bargain to be had - £19.99 per night between 23rd Jan and 28th Feb at the 3 star Aviemore Highland Inn.

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/offers/ahroffers/winter-break.htm
snow conditions
my fave sites for late package deals:

http://www.skiline.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.skiworld.ltd.uk/ski/holiday/Europe/65

http://www.bookableski.co.uk/

http://www.chaletline.co.uk/

I much prefer to go the DIY route though and like to give the small guys a chance to compete with the TOs. I can recommend the solutions room on chaletsdirect. Post what you are looking for and chalet owners reply with what they've got. I'm off next week and was innundated with some cracking offers after posting.

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/category-view.asp
snow conditions
Had a week in Pas in a 4* HB hotel. Flights, transfers and lift pass included - all for £439 (inc ski carriage) Cool
Oh, and had great weather while we were there snowHead

Booked it for 8 people Shocked 5 days before travel.
snow conditions
booked to go to les 2 alpes 21st march

3* s/c apartment in town for 6 persons (2 rooms, 1 sofa bed in lounge/kitchen) will be cramped but ok for £229 each - including the ski pass (worth £165 approx) on snowtrex.co.uk

ski hire £50 with snowtrex

flight £40, on offer a while ago ryanair, as £5 per flight, £10 for luggage - booked on visa electron (Worth getting an account) saved £10 card charges. bristol-grenoble
return transfer $42.50 bensbus.co.uk

£361.50 for everything excluding food!
ski holidays
£900 for two weeks for 2 adults and baby in paradiski. 3* catered chalet. under 50% of the original price. beat that!
snow report
PP, who was THAT with?
latest report
We paid £329 each ten of us,Jan 10th for a week, for a catered chalet in plagne 1800 with Skibeat including flights and transfers from Chambery. In fact I got a further 50 quid of for my 14 year old. Not bad at all!
ski holidays
Has anyone any good ideas for finding cheap / late deal accomodation only? Have flights Friday to Tuesday next week to Innsbuck but hotels are going to cost about what it would for a package with flights for a week! Originally the plan was to head to Italy (Corvara) but now looking at slightly cheaper hotels near Kitzbuhel / St Johan. Dont really mind where it is so long as it is a bit better value. Thanks
snow report
Thanks for the amazing response, this information is exactly what I was hoping for. At what point do the companies start to get desperate and then chop the price? A week before, a few days, a day?
latest report
This week has had some really cheap offers. And the one I went for on Tuesday is 20% cheaper today than I paid Sad Oh well, it's a cheap holiday anyway! snowHead

And I'm going skkkkkkiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
PowderHunter, back to my post about Selva, once it was reduced to £430 it sols out straight away, that was 2 weeks before. it very much depends on how many rooms they have. if you are flexible on resort/accommodation I woudl say a week before wouldl be OK and you'd have a few days grace if nithing comes up that you fancy. A day before is brave, but again if you can say, ok we'll go next week instead then chance it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rickler, welcome to snowHead

If you are considering Kitz, have a look at Kirchberg. Same skiarea and access maybe even better. Much cheaper than Kitz, also on railline, we got shortish notice accommodation there.
ski holidays
7 nights in banff for £451.50!
snow report
paul.kin wrote:

Sharing 4 to a room in 2 double beds if anything like the deals I've seen there...
snow report
James the Last wrote:
paul.kin wrote:

Sharing 4 to a room in 2 double beds if anything like the deals I've seen there...

Sounds perfect to me Cool
ski holidays
No it's a square deal via Inghams,- we don't know where we'll be staying but there aren't many hotel options in Banff, so hopefully no problems. Canadian hotels tend to be clean, spacious and warm.We have paid that much and more for flights only in the past and then paid for transfers hotel etc etc on top.-The cost already includes an "under occupancy charge".
snow conditions
FastEddie, a small chalet company. i'll tell you when i get back just in case i am sharing with other snowheads who may have paid the full price.

PowderHunter, i booked ours 10 days before departure.
snow report
Quote:

much prefer to go the DIY route though and like to give the small guys a chance to compete with the TOs. I can recommend the solutions room on chaletsdirect. Post what you are looking for and chalet owners reply with what they've got. I'm off next week and was innundated with some cracking offers after posting.

That's an excellent idea - will try that to see if anyone can offer me anything for 4 April for week. I need a 2nd week this year!
snow conditions
PP, PM if you'd be so kind Smile
latest report
Anyone got any good links for last minute specials departing from dublin?? There's a recession on in Ireland too!! (says he trying to book a ski holiday)
snow report
try Ski McNeill http://www.skimcneill.com/
snow conditions
sarep, cheers thanks.

If anyone has any more of these please clue me in. Keywords: ski, depart dublin, cheap, last minute. Thanks snowHead
latest report
PP, How long before going did you book? We can never leave it too long because we have to apply for visas, therefore need proof of accommodation at least two weeks before. But 50% off sounds too good to be true! Enjoy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy