Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BUSC Main Event / FAO people at uni

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't know how many students use this forum, but...

The BUSC main event?

"28th March - 4th April. Alpe D'Huez

The BUSC Main Event is the culmination of the student snowsports year. It is a celebration of everything it is to be a student. No matter who you are, no matter what you do, the Main Event 2009 is for you. With more sponsorship backing than Lewis Hamilton, Alpe D'Huez is going to be glammed up to ensure 2500 lucky students receive an experience they have only ever dreamed of.

The basic trip price is only £359 and for this you get your accomodation, lift pass, transport,INSURANCE and an unbelievable social scene. In previous years Pendulum and the Utah Saints have played and this year promises to be bigger than ever.

Highlights:

- 2500 students in centrally located accommodation

- Outdoor festival with live music acts, the only one in France

- Official BUCS University Championships

- At only £359 it is the cheapest Easter snowsports festival by a country mile"

It'll work out at about £400, excluding food and drink.

I have the cash, just, but don't know whether I want to spend it and have to struggle by for the rest of the year.

It seems to be sold as a week long party rather than a ski trip, and if I'm paying that much, I want to get as much skiing as possible.

Is anyone on here going, or been to one in the past?

x
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been to several, you can ski as much as you like and avoid the partying if you so want!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went to Les Arcs (in 1995) with the King's Ski Club. It was brilliant, and there was time for skiing, too. A town filled with students is a marvellous place to be.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went on it twice, it's awesome! Can party as much or as little as you like, giv ethe racing a shot too, it's good fun!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's either this or Whistler for me.

Hard life. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fergus, you'll get plenty of skiing - i skiied all day every day. Just try not to drink too much to keep the costs down, but it's a fairly cheap resort (or was when i was there) and the bars tend to do deals for people on BUSC.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, which ones did you do?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
99 and either 01 or 02 i think it was.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was in Hinterglemm for 2000 and 2001 myself Smile Still got the scars (literally - never climb a drainpipe then throw an ashtray off a four storey building, climb back down drainpipe, collect glass fragments, reclimb drainpipe and use aforementioned fragments as a cutting tool to cut a rival university's PVC banner from the padlocks affixing it to the balcony of the building)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm. So tempting! I'm sure it will be an awesome week

Gonna put it off as long as possible and see how the funds are doing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really would go if i were you, I went on a uni ski trp in january and it was amazing, really good skiing and social side, about the same price as that. The coach ride down is a lot more fun than coaches I've been on to the alps before as it is socially acceptable to drink yourself silly. wanted to go to busc but the people who organised were very clever and picked week when an awful lot of unis stil have lectures but everyone has the week after that off.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy