Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen Next Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

First time I have posted on here, this seems to be the place to be regarding ski chat.

I would grateful for any info regarding Wengen, particularly where I can get good value (i.e. cheap!!) ski hire, and where to eat for reasonable prices.

I am fairly new to skiing so I don't need top equipment, but if anyone can direct me to a ski hire place in Wengen I would be grateful. Also roughly how much will I be looking at per day?

Eating and drinking - When I went to Zermatt I was worried about how much the Swiss food and drink was going to cost, but it wasn't as bad as I feared.... Will Wengen be similarly priced?

Finally, how much is a 5-day lift pass, and if I plan to go over to Mürren at least once is it worth paying the extra for that lift pass?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robinsrule, the Wengen web site will give you lift pass costs. Let Google be your friend. For the last couple of MSBs, costs were not frightening - but with the plunging £ that will no longer be so, I fear. I used my own kit - but hopefully another sH who did hire kit will be able to give you advice on that soon.

Welcome to sHs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robinsrule, Hi and welcome to snowHeads, first things first all the Wengen ski hire shops charge the same rates (or near enough to not notice) so I'd suggest you use Central Sport who probably have the biggest selection of kit you can't miss them they're in the middle of the high street. A set of Skis and boots will cost you 213 ChF for economy versions, if you already have your own boots Ski Hire for 5 days Economy will be 135ChF.

Eating and drinking prices should be slightly cheaper than Zermatt but not much, as for where to go that depends on what you like to eat, however during the day I'd reccomend Brandegg (down the blue run towards Grindelwald from Kleine Scheidegg) as being worth a visit, especially for their apple fritters. If you are after evening meals in the resort I'd suggest checking out the various hotels daily set menus, though the Alpenrose (down hill from the village center) always used to do a very good buffet meal on a thursday it's been a couple of years since I was last there.

5 day lift pass for an adult is 245 ChF for the Wengen/Grindelwald area, if you want to include the Murren area it will be 265 ChF, a 1 day ski pass for Murren would be 59 CHf so I think you will find it worthwhile having the complete Jungfrau Region pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info... keep it coming!

I am coming from Turkey so the plunging Euro doesn't affect me so much, but I think you are right about the lift pass.

One further question - I am coming with some non-skiers who will probably use the odd lift or train up to Mannlichen or Kleine Scheidegg for lunch etc. Can you buy individual return tickets to use in this way, or it it a case of buying a day pass if you want to go up the mountain?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robinsrule, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

It is possible to buy individual tickets, or they could buy a walkers pass which allows unlimited access on the lifts (except for chairs and drags).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robinsrule, another plus is that almost every mountain restaurant in the area can be reached by trains and cablecars though a few require you to walk which means that skiers and non skiers can all meet up at lunchtime if you want.

Weather or not your nonskiing friends buy the walking pass will depend on how much they want to use the transport system of course but given that there's not a huge amount to do in the area I'd say it was worth it as it will cover them down to Interlaken Ost if they want to look arround a few shops plus it will allow them to just hop on and off the locl trains and cablecars as the whim takes them, though I'm not certain how high up the shilthorn it will take them over on the Murren side it will almost certainly give them a discount if it doesn't take them all the way up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robinsrule, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
If you're meeting up with non-skiers at Kleine Scheidegg for lunch, the station restaurant is a good place to eat, and if it's a sunny day you can sit outside with a great view of the Eiger Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd also recommend meeting up with them at Brandegg and at Eigergletcher. They too have nice restaurants and train stations.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy