Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old Style Boarding in Turkey - on Sky TV last Saturday Morning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I saw a prog on Sat morning (on a Sky channel?) of some pro boarders in Turkey (I think) on a sort of freebie hoilday or race or something, and they met up with an original boarder from the region, 78 years old, who boarded on a wooden plank with a rope threaded through the front of it that was held in the lead hand and pulled to keep the nose of the board up, and dragged a long pole behing to act as a rudder I suppose, this style originated in the 1940s !!

The pros found it a bit tricky at first but soon nailed it Very Happy but the old boy was fantastic.

No helemts were used in the filming of the programme and noone was hurt wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, couldnt you have at least remembered the name of the programme so we can search for it rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it was on at 8 am ish on saturday, and I think was on one of the main Sky sports channels because the hotel only had 10 channels or so in total, and I had been watching rugby and football results the evening before, it was some sort of 'extreme adventures' or something. I do not have Sky myself so it is all a mystery to me, but a superb prog nevertheless !!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, I shall try & hunt it out !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
was this is?

http://www.tetongravity.com/blog/default.aspx?BlogThreadNum=100209

I too am looking for the programme, sounds wild!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boardiecouk, yes, those are the dudes Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have seen those 'old boards'. Google the word "Snurfer". Got popular back in the mid-60's thru the 70's, and attracted the attention of a young bloke called Jake Burton, who modded his to attach his feet to it... The rest is history...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy