Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are the best places for Easter skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Planning to go out to the Alps to get some spring skiing for about the second week of April. With no money concern and just looking for some easy runs, good and steep groomers, a few bump runs for me, and mainly GUARENTEED SNOW TO BE ON THE RUNS (as close as you can get!), what would be the top picks?

Sorry for the crap grammer and stuff, I gotta go righ now!!!! I'll be quite educated when I come back. wink

FYI, so far I've been thinking Zermatt and Val Thorens for the best places. Is this true?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best easter snow I've seen was Saas Fee 2 years ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We go to Val Thorens pretty regularly in the second week of Easter and the snow's been great. We've found all of the 3V's to be skiable, although it can be a bit slushy as you drop to lower levels. It's not uncommon to get some fresh snow too! Lift system is fantastic and it's relatively quiet.

Wouldn't mind trying somewhere else but we find Val Thorens to be pretty reliable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm skiing at Les Deux Alpes again this Easter for the 3rd year running. Conditions have been good and as it is a high resort there will always be good skiing higher up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd go for tignes as opposed to val thorens as the lifts go higher that in val thorens and is IMO a better ski area
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bit off topic but why not look at Canada? I've boarded in Canada for years in late march/early april and never had bad conditions - and you can get some really good deals, particularly on the Alberta resorts like Banff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had some great late skiing in the 3 vallees but with the pound as low as it is I would also be tempted to head off to western Canada. There are some fabulous resorts there which are virtually empty and flights are really cheap at the moment From £299 return. Check out Kimberley, Red Mountain and Big White though Big White is a bitch to get to transfer wise and more expensive as its closer to Vancouver area.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My family wants to ski Europe since we are always skiing in the US but for the school year we have moved to the UK so it'd be great to ski on the other side of the ocean. So far I'm heading out to Kitz during half term with another family, but my family of not-so-big skiers (except for me! Me = big time skier!) is considering going to ski in Europe over Easter since we don't know if the beaches in southern Europe will be open (thank god. Skiing > beach any day brothas!).

So far from research:

First choices: Val Thorens and Tignes
Secondary choices: Les Deux Alpes and Zermatt and Verbier
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bump. need more info please.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Personally I'd go to Zermatt, but that's because I like stunning scenery to go with my skiing!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skiking4, look at www.ultimate-ski.com

You are asking an almost impossible question. High is probably good (include Chamonix in your list) but we skied deep powder all Easter weekend last year in Grand Massif/Portes du Soleil. Difficult to predict. You might want to reverse the question - if the snow doesn't continue in it's marvellous fashion, where are you going to find good (and adequately challenging) spring skiing. (Hint. Probably not on a glacier).

For instance, the Grands Montets scheduled closing day is May 10 IIRC...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, yes, that would probably be better to found out if snow comes to a "stop", aka slows down, then where could some good and challenging spring skiing be found with also some easier runs?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have you booked flights yet? depends on where you are flying into, With the pound being low look maybe to Austria, although it is not as high altitude ski-ing as the ones mentioned above it can have good late snow
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skiking4, went to Les Gets at easter last year and it was awesome - the day we arrived I got the afternoon on the slopes while evryone else was sleeping off the journey and therewas already loads of snow. The next three mornings we woke up to between 30cm and 60cm of fresh snow. Despite the low altitude (resort is 1100m) it was lovely and sunny, nice temperature (boarding in hoody) but with loads of fresh pow
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ajbaldwin wrote:
Have you booked flights yet? depends on where you are flying into, With the pound being low look maybe to Austria, although it is not as high altitude ski-ing as the ones mentioned above it can have good late snow

As of now, I'm just looking at a list of good April ski resorts. Price does not effect the resorts on the list-- I just want to know where the good spring skiing is!
snow report
Hey, thinking about Les Deux Alpes. Opinions?
ski holidays
I've skied quite a few places at Easter and never had a problem anywhere with Les Deux Alpes being no exception - I remember the south facing side of L2A was pretty decimated in Easter a few years back and the lower Valentin / Diable runs were broken and dirty melting ice and slush fields but low altitude sunny runs will get slushy and worn anywhere as the season draws to a close. However, unless you need to use them to make connections between ski areas (such as the Meribel links from Courchevel and Val Thorens) you'll find decent snow with the bonus of T-Shirt relaxation. Night-time refreezes will leave those same runs rutted and unpleasant first thing in the morning though.
ski holidays
Trying to book Cervinia actually right now.
latest report
moffatross, Lots of snow cannons added since then. Very Happy

skiking4, If you don't get to Cervinia and want more info on LDA then just PM me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy