Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chamonix lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi

going to chamonix next month and not sure which lift pass to get, am looking for cruisy skiing rather than too challenging, as we have the children with us -

should we go for chamonix le pass or the mont blanc unlimited, quite liked the look of skiing in les houches but it does not seem to be included in the pass, is les houches too small an area to ski for a week? really not sure what pass to get, am used to being in italian resorts where you can ski all over but it seems like there will be alot of time spent on buses.

any advice would be great
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the MBU gives access to aiguille du midi lifts and the upper part of Grand Montets, so basically the more advanced areas.

Gentlest slopes are found at Le Tour, which I guess is where I'll be spending my first coupkle of days with my friends as they're beginners.

There's some bleus around the Brevent/Flegere pistes that should be OK, and some on the lower stations of Grand Montets. All of that can be accessed on the "Le Pass". I think MBU would be overkill.

Les Houches looks a bit small to me to be enough for the week, but Tho9se more in the know than me may beg to differ.

I go on Wednesday. Will be reporting back when we're home.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bellfi, welcome to snowheads snowHead Where are you staying? If in Les Houches then the LH only pass might be a good option and buy a daily pass for the other areas if and when you decide to go there maybe. LH is not included in the other Chamonix passes. You can get for example a 6 day LH pass which is 6 days out of 7 consecutive so gives you one day off to go and ski another area. We stayed in Les Houches a couple of weeks ago in a group with small kids. We found the Les Houches only pass was fine for us. There is plenty of cruisey skiing and it's fine if you don't mind skiing the same runs. It's a nice little area. If you are not staying in Les Houches though then it probably doesn't make sense as it's a fair way from Chamonix centre.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah wrote:
bellfi, welcome to snowheads snowHead Where are you staying? If in Les Houches then the LH only pass might be a good option and buy a daily pass for the other areas if and when you decide to go there maybe. LH is not included in the other Chamonix passes. You can get for example a 6 day LH pass which is 6 days out of 7 consecutive so gives you one day off to go and ski another area. We stayed in Les Houches a couple of weeks ago in a group with small kids. We found the Les Houches only pass was fine for us. There is plenty of cruisey skiing and it's fine if you don't mind skiing the same runs. It's a nice little area. If you are not staying in Les Houches though then it probably doesn't make sense as it's a fair way from Chamonix centre.
hi

i am actually staying in chamonix, my children have been round the sella ronda last year with no problem apart from arraba, which i felt was a little testing for my 8 year old
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go for the Le Pass. I was there for 8 days last year and there are more than enough runs. If you are going off piste then you may wish to get the unlimited, but not really worth the extra money unless you are up there ever day. You can always buy top ups. Le Tour is great and there is a small restuarant 3/4 of the way down one of the runs (with a drag up) ask some the lift guys where it is as it looks like a cow shed (worth booking as well)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
k1orange wrote:
Go for the Le Pass. I was there for 8 days last year and there are more than enough runs. If you are going off piste then you may wish to get the unlimited, but not really worth the extra money unless you are up there ever day. You can always buy top ups. Le Tour is great and there is a small restuarant 3/4 of the way down one of the runs (with a drag up) ask some the lift guys where it is as it looks like a cow shed (worth booking as well)

Thanks i will not be going off piste for sure, is Le Tour on Le Pass?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, le tour is on the pass.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, MBU Pass holders get one day in Les Houches (provided they go to the Prarion lift office) and can ski Les Houches on "bad weather days" (this has, AFAIK, only happened once so I'm not sure what the exact definition is (I'm not sure anyone is...)

MBU also gets you a day in Courmayeur which is also a good "bad day" option as the weather can be completely different over there and there is a free shuttle bus to and fro...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

MBU also gets you a day in Courmayeur which is also a good "bad day" option as the weather can be completely different over there and there is a free shuttle bus to and fro...

The free bus needs booking in advance. Booking at the train station I think Puzzled which closes at 5.30 I think. Puzzled ...................basically you can't just rock up!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pembsflyer, ah, yes, you do (although chums have pitched up and got on, wouldn't want to have to get a taxi back over...). you can book by phoning SAT (who run the buses) - the number is available from the CMB website.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy