Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Passes - Tignes - best way to get them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy,

I have viewed tignes.co.uk who gives me a break down on the costs but cannot find a link to buy them?
I also went across to tignes.net and saw a booking section, it linked me to another site which didn't seem to offer me the passes but some form of card for 10Euro's?

Any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can always just buy them when there. There are a number of locations throughout the resort. Your accommodation might also be able to get your passes for you. Did that last year and got a 15euro discount. As for buying them online now, had the same trouble with tignes.net website for ski pass in April. I want to buy mine now but its a terrible website to navigate
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought my pass on-line last year using www.skipass-tignes.com and intended recharging it on-line before returning to Tignes in December. A few weeks before departure I received a letter offering a discount of 42 Euro for this year. Entered the code shown on the letter to receive the discount and it all worked perfectly. I think it's a great system. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^ that's the site I found.

I don't understand it?

do you have to buy a card for 10Euro to be able to buy the ski pass?

to be fair a little confused, you pay 10 Euro, to pay 190 Euro for a ski pass, so why not just charge 200euro for the ski pass?

Or am i missing the point?!

Cheers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
xxtokerxx, You normally have to pay for the card with hands free systems which you get back if you return the card at the end. Normally less than that though I thought.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
190e? It said 208 when i looked?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh so I am paying 10 euro for a handsfree card and i get the 10euro back when i return it?

Sorry mate your right 208Euro !

Still confused tho lol
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
xxtokerxx, The 10 euro card gives you 5% discount off the price of the pass.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last year I was given (what I am certain was) a disposable ski pass for my week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I looked back at the email I received when I bought the pass, the 10 Euro must be a deposit of sorts. The following year I got 42 Euro discount so, it worked out well for me; I paid 180 for a seven day pass including the insurance.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's no deposit on Tignes passes, they're disposable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
xxtokerxx,

It's probably very similar to the Val D'Isere system (the 2 ski areas are linked). This is how the the Val D'Isere system works.

1) You can buy a one off throw away pass, no deposit.

2) An Eco pass, you give it back and get a deposit back and they can reuse it.

3) You can buy a "loyalty" VIP card for €10 which is valid for 3 years. You need to provide a digital photo you can then "recharge" your VIP Card with your lift pass as many times as you like for 3 years and you get a 5% discount on each lift pass you buy.

I haven't looked at the Tignes website but they are a bit hard to understand. You can save quite a lot once you understand the system. I've just bought my lift pass for next week, it's on the VIP Card which I bought 15 months ago.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
be careful if going direct to the ticket office in Tignes, first of all our credit cards did not work in the machine and then when we got cash out, they wouldn't give us the lift passes until we provided all of our passports - wasted 2 hours playing this game with them and rejoining 20 minute queue again and again, why should we - it's pathetic
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy