Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideal bindings for Zag skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have recently taken possion of some new Zag Purist skis - courtesy of the EoSB prize draw. Cool I now need to have bindings fitted.

Can anyone give advice please on the best or most suitable bindings for the Zags and fitting information?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bindings are not ski specific unless mounted with a plate or rail, they are user and utilisation specific.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thanks - does this mean that any bindings will do and if so what type of things would influence choice?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard E, Influence? Weight, boot/binding interface, utilisation, if you sell VIST bindings. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Richard E, Influence? Weight, boot/binding interface, utilisation, if you sell VIST bindings. wink

Maybe I have asked a silly or naive question to someone who knows about bindings so apologies if this is the case. But for me and any others who may be similarly less informed, could someone explain 'boot/binding interface'? Confused As for 'utilisation' the simple answer is skiing... but the ZAG Purists are sold as a hybrid on and off piste ski so I assume this might eliminate some bindings? 'Weight' I can understand. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't worry Richard E, Spyderjon will sell you some Vists being an importer and plethora of knowledge

You probably just want a pair of lightweight bindings to suit the Zags
I've got a pair of Freeride 75s, and have a lightweight salomon on them, 10 Light, todays equiv probably Z12 TI
Chap in Tignes sorted them for me, even rang his mate, Stephane "Zag" Radiguet, whilst we discussed mounting positions

They should have the mounting position options on the ski - down to personal choice, but I would go for the closer to central setting which is probably highlighted as freestyle rather than freeride

or drop them a line directly at zagskis.com
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"utilisation" - are you wanting touring functionality? are you planning to jump off cliffs a lot/usually ski with your din set at 10 or higher? if the answer to both these is "no" you can discount... touring bindings and high din race bindings

"boot binding interface" - this is a personal thing really; i guess it would cover how high your boot is off the ski (aka "stack height"); ramp angle (ie the extent to which the heel is higher than the toe) and just the general feel when you click in. again, if you have never noticed much difference between bindings before, i wouldn't worry about it. i certainly don't get too excited about the first two but i like a nice solid "clunk" when i click in.

in summary, the ski doesn't really dictate the binding. it's down to personal taste and "utilisation". if i were you i'd surf around on the internet and see what's cheap. i would avoid low end markers but that's just my personal prejudice...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scarr, Arno, thanks guys, the information and views are really useful... Smile at least I have a starting point and will investigate some of these suggestions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard E, Any binding would be OK for the skis, but you should buy a binding where the middle of the range is where you ski if at all possible. You're not very heavy so most bindings will fit the bill. are you bringing them in March?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, I now have some Head Mojo 12 bindings fitted having taken advice from others snowHead s and the guy at my local ski shop. Yes I will be bringing them in March. I am busy base tuning wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard E, I ski with a DIN of 7 or 8 so went for a 4 - 12 binding. This puts me right in the middle of the range with the option to crank them up to 10 for the odd gnarly bit. Sounds like yours will do you perfect.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mine were supplied with Marker 1200 titanium bindings. Have been fantastic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy