Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair Ski Carraige Rules (ex-Dublin)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Travelling shortly from Dublin to Turin on Ryanair. Never did a ski flight with Ryanair before so a little nervous of falling foul of their labytrinthine set of rules & regs on baggage allowances etc. Have a few questions that you guys might be able to help with...:

1. When you pay for ski carriage (€30 each way) does it mean they take your skis AND boots as part of the ski carriage?

2. Can you put in a pair of short blades with your skis or pad it out with some socks and jocks...?

3. Has anyone noticed if they have been cracking down on the weight of the carry-on bag? Will they really hit you for 10kg???

Thanks a million

Kevin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
> I reckon you will get away with hand luggage over 10kg on way out....Coming back from Bergamo a couple of weeks ago Ryanair passengers had their hand lugg weighed to ensure it was 10kg
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I flew Ryanair Stanstead to Turin about 4 years ago.
Didn't have ski carriage but I was really worried that my boot bag was going to be counted in my baggage allowance.
It wasn't, so a happy ending for me!

Anybody have more recent info?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They've got very strict about hand baggage in dublin but only at the boarding gate. Not the weight but the number of bags.
Any more than 1 bag is taken from you at the gate and you must pay to put it in the hold. Even a handbag must go inside your 1 carry on bag.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been in touch with Ryanair about flying out of Birmingham with skis/boots. They told me to contact their ground agent, Servisair. The Servisair website has detailed contact info, including the name & email of the site manager so I am asking him! I am doing it by email so I get a response on paper that I can take with me in case I encounter any overzealous jobsworths!

EDIT:
RESULT!! See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=48381&highlight=
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the tips guys.

I gave the Ryanair Reservation Line one last go and got through at last after only a minute....! And in fairness to them, talked to a very helpful woman (i know.....I was shocked too.....).

Anyway, I was told (and she checked with her supervisor on this one as I was adopting a belt and braces approach..) that Skis and Poles and Boots are all covered when you book 1 ski carriage. Initially she said that they all had to be in one bag but, after checking (when i pointed out that i had enormous feet), she told me that it was also fine if you tied your boot bag and ski bag together..

So there you go, hopefully it will be that straightforward at the airport...... (i've written an attendance note on the entire conversation in case i have to get legal with them!!).

Hope that helps everyone.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy