Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere April Milky way

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I was thinking of booking a holiday in Claviere in April, I realize that the resort is high but how well will the snow be holding up in the rest of the Milky Way, any views on Claviere would also be well come.

Thanks Rob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
go here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php

type "claviere" in the first search field and hit return. there's been quite a lot of discussion about Claviere recently.

for the snow question, when the alps in general were struggling for snow for a bit last season and for long periods of time the year before, claviere and montgenevre still had lots of snow - that was even when sestriere and sauze were struggling.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i have just booke for Easter 2010 departing 28th March stopping at the new apts in Montgenevre, looking forward to dropping into Clavire one of the day
any reports on new apts most welcome
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is further south so it may experience warmer temperatures at times. However in the past 3 years I know that you have been able to ski down to 1800m (resort level) for the duration of the season.

It is a part of the alps that recieves more than its fair share of snow. At this time of year there aren't many places that you can head higher to resort wise. Unless its Tignes of Val Thorens.

Last year in April the area had significant fresh snow falls and I was informed that the conditions were amazing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i was amazed the airtours pulled out of Livigno last week of March last year (ie after easter) as there was heavy snow falling when we left on the 22nd. seems they wanted the reps at the summer venues
i first went to Montgenevre after poor skiing at Sauze resort level led there being an organised trip
that was way back in Jan 1985
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cockerhoop, Claviere and Montgenevre genreally recieve more snow than the rest of the Via Lattea. It also tends to hold its snow better, Sauze d'Oulx is considerably lower.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CLaviere allegedly holds it snow far better than the rest of the Milky Way resorts. Having said that, a good skier would go stir crazy if you were restricted to Claviere for a week. It is fin if you can travel, but not if the links are closed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy